• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100 Turbo Blown Belt

C
Jan 24, 2017
I'm hoping to get some direction here. I am aware of the blown belt problems with the 2012 m1100 turbo's as well as some of the 2013's. I picked up a used 2013 m1100 turbo snopro limited with 400 miles. I don't know the history of the sled as far as blowing belts but I took it up to the mountains and manage to totally grenade one and bend up my belt cover after about 30 miles. The secondary was extremely hot. I changed the belt and the following day I check the clutch after a few pulls up a hill and it was very hot again. Is the extremely hot secondary a sign of the clutches being out of alignment or do they generally run pretty hot? I'm working on getting an alignment tool to verify.

Thanks

B
Dec 12, 2014
I had a 2013 turbo hcr 162" a few years back and it ate belts every 200 or so miles. I thought the clutches were out of alignment and had them checked at my dealer even tho I had bought the sled new. I was always checking deflection and trying not to do long pulls, whenever I did stop and pull the panels off it was extremely hot. Vent kit might help a little but not sure how much and if it would prevent blowing so many belts. I finally had enough and went away from the turbo and back to the 800's. Wish I had more answers for you. Didn't really check into any kits to upgrade to the team clutches. Hope you figure something out!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Motor mounts.

OSP alignment tool is the best one to check clutch alignment.
It'll also tell you if your motor is out of alignment with the jack shaft.
The belts were short in my sled because my motor was mounted in my chassis a little crooked.
The OSP tool showed this.
We had to use eccentric motor mounts and do the EVO stage three TCL delete to fix mine.

B
Jan 23, 2008
I had the same problem with my 2012 M1100. Clutch was always hot. Just replaced the 8 tooth drivers with 7 tooth drivers and the secondary clutch temp dropped enough that I could touch it with bare hands. I also added a fan over my clutch cover to blow cooler air over the secondary.

Good luck.

I
Apr 4, 2008
gears

19/50 gears 7 tooth drivers osp snubber and jack shaft brace and poly motor mounts also cut the tab off the heat exchanger and relocate will save you a lot of headache and center the motor is all what it took on mine it would blow a belt every ride. I can finally hold in wot all day and no worries with a 220 kit:face-icon-small-coo

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Heat deflection is key.

My clutches were always scorching when the sled was new.

I added EVO blankets on the turbo, manifold, & exhaust.
I also added all the vented panels that AC makes.

I've had the same belt on now for 3 seasons.

C
Jan 24, 2017
Thanks for all the information gents. I ordered the mo-flo 6 piece vent kit to get started, I'll probably start getting the titanium blankets. I did a quick check with a tape measure and it looks like the CTC is pretty good so if it persists after the blankets i'll order the OSP clutch alignment tool to make sure everything is good to go.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Chop chop on the blankets. I'm not sure you can even get a complete set anymore from Evo. They are not producing anymore so what they have is what's left. Give them a call and ask for Kyle as he sent me a list of the inventory left about a month ago.

Make sure you have the '14 or newer Cat clutch, was an update in '14, it was a big improvement in heat loss for most guys.

If you want anymore reading on your belt issues just search my user name. That will take you back spanning about 4 years.

Last edited:
Premium Features