SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - 1998 skidoo formula z 670 no spark
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
BBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVretenar View Post
I was running the sled slow dragging my ice fishing tent. It seemed like a plug fouled, I changed the plug and it was good for another day and then fouled (or quit firring) on the same plug again. One plug hot, 1 cold to touch. I changed the plug again and no change, hooked plug to wire without plug in hole and no spark. Can half the coil go bad or is there another control to the coil. It will run on the one cylinder.
It might just be a bad plug boot. Unscrew it or cut it off & screw on a new one for under $10.00. You can test your old one with an ohm meter. It should be around 5000 ohms. If your boot is good, cut 1/4" off of the plug wire & reinstall. Fixed many this way.

Rate this post: Yes | No