• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ahhh, our great President of the United States

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
This kinda war is tough to take a high moral ground in when the other side does not. These Islamic Terrorist organisations do not respect boundaries or western laws or agreements made between European Nations in which they were not present for. The Govt gets bashed for using their propaganda machine but seems to hop on the leftist bandwagon of moral rights an treatment for someone who would rather burn your house down with you and your family in it. They play to the media with crocodile tears of compassion while they hold a hand grenade under their turbins. They try and bash the security contractors like Blackwater because they play with a whole different set of rules of engaugement than our armed forces and they put some serious hurt on them.

If we're so bad and inhamine how bout we turn them in to the people they oppressed for so long or even to the Iraqi's or Pakastani's! Or put them in SanQuentin with some of our other prisoners.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Personally, I believe there are better ways of getting information than torture. Seems a little dark ages to me. I say fix it so that it does not happen again.

ok, enlighten me. How do you fix a religion?

" gee Mr. Terrrorist, what are your plans to kill millions of americans?
Come on, please!?
You won't talk??
shucks.
Guess we will see when we do the body count then"

W

wildcard

RIP Brian
Nov 26, 2001
OK Usama, here is an espresso and a redbull, now tell us who is paying you and who in Iran gave you the EFPs?

W

wildcard

RIP Brian
Nov 26, 2001
This kinda war is tough to take a high moral ground in when the other side does not. These Islamic Terrorist organisations do not respect boundaries or western laws or agreements made between European Nations in which they were not present for. The Govt gets bashed for using their propaganda machine but seems to hop on the leftist bandwagon of moral rights an treatment for someone who would rather burn your house down with you and your family in it. They play to the media with crocodile tears of compassion while they hold a hand grenade under their turbins. They try and bash the security contractors like Blackwater because they play with a whole different set of rules of engaugement than our armed forces and they put some serious hurt on them.

If we're so bad and inhamine how bout we turn them in to the people they oppressed for so long or even to the Iraqi's or Pakastani's! Or put them in SanQuentin with some of our other prisoners.

Us evil contractors have a much tighter set of rules than do the military. When use of force happenes, everyone ****s on them.... Ya ever wonder why diplomatic security is done by contractors and not the military? Evre wonder why we can double teh size of teh military without a draft?...Ever wonder why Im still posting? Gnite......

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Sorry Ollie, I'm no interrogation expert. I just don't believe the "24" version of saving the world by having Jim beat the truth out of a guy for an hour.

The way I understand it, you use the carrot and stick approach. You basically take away things and make life miserable for the guy when he doesn't play, and you give him favors when he does. They claimed it resulted in better intelligence. Basically, people will say anything when their about to be hurt. If it works better then it's better for our troops. Maybe it's wrong, I don't know.

Somehow assuming your going to get the truth out of a guy, just because your water boarding him, seems a little naive.

Don't put me in the softy camp either, I'm all for killing them before they kill us.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
How does the world know we water board? Our government needs to repair some leaks.

The only way you will plug the holes is to shoot most of the liberals in washington. The Dems discovered a wedge issue that they could use to get control of the house and senate. That issue is the war in Iraq. They will do whatever they think they need to exploit that to their advantage.

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
It's also Funny how now that things have turned around over there you hardly hear about it any more. Why don't the papers and Lib's on TV tell us how well it is going??...................Oh I forgot that is NOT good for them.:eek:

T
Nov 21, 2007
bc
The world judges a country in how it treats its prisoners. If a country treats its prisoners(the worst of the worst) with some respect it is accepted as being civilized.

Countries who show little respect to its prisoners, parading them in front of mobs before cutting their head or arms off, are seen as less civilized.

The Geneva convention is for civilized countries who respect laws. This is why terrorists (lawless batiches) don't follow the laws of the Geneva convention.

I'm not accusing the U.S. of anything here .... I'm just curious why someone would pardon themselves from the GC ...... why didn't Saddam think of this.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I'm not accusing the U.S. of anything here .... I'm just curious why someone would pardon themselves from the GC ...... why didn't Saddam think of this.

You have to understand our liberal lawyers and the politcal statement they would love to make by just trying to bring charges. Doesn't matter if they are false or not, they sue, the press has a hayday and the liberals all scream bloody murder.

It's all a show. The libs are loosing their wedge issue, HOW DARE OUR MILITARY ACTUALLY START WINNING THE WAR, when the dems are so close to victory. now they have nothing to scream about.

If they libs get a chance they will sue everyone they can, if for no other reason than to try and make a political point.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
HOLY CHIT.. somebody actually understands.. wow.... was starting to think that all americans were FUGGN dumb..

3 of my best friends just got back for a 1 1/2 tour running pow jails.. Those prisoners (most of which are there for killing or trying to kill U.S. solders) get treated better a lot of americans.. Their cells and food was better than what the actual soldiers had..

You people listen to what the media tells you.. When actually the media doesnt know chit about what is going on over there.. you only see the things they want you to see....

I'm glad someone said it!!!

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO

Because the liberal idiots already think he should be impeached and would jump at the chance to prosecute him for any stupid loophole they can.

Sit down and torture yourself by watching Bill Marr for one episode and you'll see the exact type of behavior that I'm talking about. The Liberal view that "Every body's views are right and OK for them unless is disagrees with mine. Then your an idiot, bigot, religious fanatic, or a gun toting lunatic." It's the same crap from all of them. If they think its good then it should be a god given right and if they don't you should lose that right.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
do you know what i watched the other day on the news? for 10 mins they were talkin about the correct pronunciation of Nevada..the state. 10 mins? wtf who gives a rats ***. You tell me why I need to konw this! Get off of the whole hatin on bush bandwagon. you only have a year left fug there are a lot of other things you need to worry about....and dont post on this thread acting like you know everything and give a crap about the soldiers....I've gone through ****ing hell for this country and you mindless ****s that watch the news and think you know everything and anything about what is going on over there. Pull them back....good idea genious lets have all those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for your precious little freedom of speech die in vain. **** you psychotic liberal pieces of ****. as far as im concerned you are no different than the haji bastards hiding in the shadows with a god damn cell phone with the speed dial locked on to the the IED that's ready and waiting for the next convoy to pass. I'm tired of reading this bull**** about what should be done better or what could be done better or wanting to tell the president of the united states of america how to do his ****ing job...who the hell are you?! I am not directing this towards anyone on the forums and if you get offended by this **** YOU this war is a learning experience for the WORLD no one has ever taken on such a burden and yes it may have been more that we anticipated but I say again....i dont want to see my soldiers die in vain.....why do you?

-Meatman

B
Nov 26, 2007
Sorry Ollie, I'm no interrogation expert. I just don't believe the "24" version of saving the world by having Jim beat the truth out of a guy for an hour.

The way I understand it, you use the carrot and stick approach. You basically take away things and make life miserable for the guy when he doesn't play, and you give him favors when he does. They claimed it resulted in better intelligence. Basically, people will say anything when their about to be hurt. If it works better then it's better for our troops. Maybe it's wrong, I don't know.

Somehow assuming your going to get the truth out of a guy, just because your water boarding him, seems a little naive.

Don't put me in the softy camp either, I'm all for killing them before they kill us.
there are some fantastic interrogation techniques that combine wild dietary swings that can induce a euphoric state and combined with sleep deprivation and other very mild forms can be extremely effective as the prisoner never believes he is in danger or what... however, these techniques take weeks to accomplish, if you need data NOW they are not effective enough...

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
The world judges a country in how it treats its prisoners. If a country treats its prisoners(the worst of the worst) with some respect it is accepted as being civilized.
Hmm...

Who do you consider civilized? England? Maybe you should look up "Five Techniques." Five Techniques is the term that was used to describe the methods that the British and Northern Ireland governments adopted to try and interrogate members of the IRA. They were determined to not be torture by the European Court of Human Rights. But I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that they used a hell of a lot more techniques then just the five that were officially listed.

Or how about interrogation methods used by the USA from WWII through the cold war? Why should things change now?

T
Nov 21, 2007
bc
Hmm...

Who do you consider civilized? England? Maybe you should look up "Five Techniques." Five Techniques is the term that was used to describe the methods that the British and Northern Ireland governments adopted to try and interrogate members of the IRA. They were determined to not be torture by the European Court of Human Rights. But I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that they used a hell of a lot more techniques then just the five that were officially listed.

Or how about interrogation methods used by the USA from WWII through the cold war? Why should things change now?

So ........ you're in favour of torture? Where do you draw the line? Should we torture our own prisoners in our jails. Maybe bring back the rack. Think of all the time and money we would save in court costs .... you know with all the confessions and such.:confused:

Some people like to look back and remember the good ol' days. Some people like to look forward and learn from their mistakes.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
So ........ you're in favour of torture? Where do you draw the line? Should we torture our own prisoners in our jails. Maybe bring back the rack. Think of all the time and money we would save in court costs .... you know with all the confessions and such.:confused:

Some people like to look back and remember the good ol' days. Some people like to look forward and learn from their mistakes.

That's a good question. Where do you draw the line.
Do you put them in a room and give them milk and cookies and hope for the best? Oh wait, you put them in a room, that is torture, you restricted his access to freedom.

Look forward and learn from their mistakes??
What have you learned? That the terrorist will use any means they can to kill you? that you can't even trim their fingernails without some liberal anti-american news flunky whineing about torture?

Let me make this simple.
It's war.
They declared it.
Our military was sent in to find and kill them. That is the militaries mission, to kill the enemy. It's not to pass out candy and kiss their azzes so maybe they will kill us more slowly.
It's the militaries job to find out what the terrorist are doing and how to stop them. If our guys are captured by the terrorist they are literaly skinned alive. I don't care if they torture them with hot pokers and bamboo shoots under they fingernails. Get the info to stop the wack jobs.

If the over sentive don't like it, they can go live in a country that doesn't use any means to defend itself. Oh wait. There ARE NO COUNTRIES that don't use some form of torture to defend itself. That is of cource unless the liberals have their way. Then we will all be speaking arabic. After all, the quickest way to peace is to surrender.

Premium Features