• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CRTPRO

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Stripped down and got the plate mounted. It's quite a process had it on and off six times getting things trimmed right

Figured I'd get the mechanical stuff done before the electrical

There's my threeincher and eight toofers!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
On to the skid. Tips need trimmed with an anti stab. And cleaned off all the old grease. Had a seized scissor zerk.

I didn't like just bolting the anti stab through too large of a hole so i crudely made an accentric bushing in my drill press, man I wish I still had access to a lathe.

There was more to it than just bolting it up

And we're back on our feet

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
The pec

In the vision of making things more complicated than it needs to be I decided to do a chop job on the wireing harness

FS de w
I just couldn't handle all those extra plugs, it should still work

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Totally fell asleep typing that last post
Using the polaris wireing schematic I found all those wires went nowhere and looked like crap. While trimming and reading different things I decided to use the extra power from the headlight delete for my accessories like people have been talking about to not overload the DC acc circuit in the sled. I'm going to have the re work it in the future but this is the first try of it
Got the ac running into too big of a resistor right away then on down the line coming in to that little rectifier, then a little Capicitor between the DC out of it, then to the afr, redline, and LED light.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
after all that electrical work I found this. I hope that coil still works

bought the cpc fuel pressure regulator and figure a compression fitting will work instead of the plastic quick connect. found a home depot condit hanger works about perfect as a mount bracket.

when I took my blow off valve apart to weld on the air box I messed up an o ring so instead of trying to find another o ring I bought a fancy new bov

then I couldn't just stand by having a fancy bov and a generic wategate actuator so I got one to match.

and wouldn't ya know it, I couldn't accept the off brand boost controller so I just had to get one of those too!

this is probably the best mod, found a little snatch block at shiptons big r.
only bad part was drilling a hole in a $2000 piece of aluminum!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
The movement

Cleaned up the bird's nest of wires and Hodge podge of various single fuse holders for one block

Had to move the regulator too. Too bad I couldn't use my fancy compression fittings

Mounted the fan and used a old jar of mixed nuts as duct work

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
lots of hard work wasted
im parting much of this sled out. if anyone needs

engine
stock exhaust
clutches
a arms
shocks
rear suspension parts
seat
side pannels
tank with or without-
fuel pump
chassis- cr tunnel has a slight twist just in the tail
163 Polaris track missing some lugs
mountain fit hood with air intake
dobek gen 4 fuel controller

I guess anything other than
3" track
cmxds
redline guage
turbo stuff

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Well then, just for you two, I'll keep trudging along!

I came across a third used vipec and had an idea of why the first two failed and was totally correct! I was using a lithium ion pocket sized battery jump starter pack for powering up the ECU. It immediately toasted them, this time I used a Milwaukee M12 cordless tool battery and success! It even starts!! The numbers are way off and I need to figure out how to adjust things yet, but I wanted to get my accessory electrical circuit finished before adjusting things so I have my gauge to adjust my fuel pressure, and compare are numbers which don't seem to be moving at the moment
So after revision number "lost count" the circuit finally seems to work but is only supplying 8.5-9 v dc? Now thinking about it I didn't test how much ac I was getting at that point, earlier the ac regulator was acting up so maby that's something yet

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Well....
8fd98569fb2ebdbbd1a673043b88d79f.jpg

Premium Features