• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 m1000 bogging/stalling

H
'07 m1000 with Ypipe,vforce3 reeds,4" air intake, can, hesitates every once and a while, bogg's out in some climbs and actualy bogged and stalled twice while side hilling luckly didn't roll far and no damage. Any suggestion (fuel, power valves?)

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
What kind of can do you have? I tried a super-q and my 1000 would cut out at times and I'd have to get out of the throttle. I also tried speedwerx and slp and never had that problem with them.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Not sure what the snow was like, but my M-chassis had nothing but problems with the intake clogging in heavy deep snow. Couldn't ride 10 seconds without wiping it off with the stock hood (poopy design!)

W
Dec 28, 2004
Idaho
Sounds like to me it may be a power valve adjustment, or that it is sticking. Have you cleaned them? What RPM's is this happening at? You also didn't indicate wheather or not you added any fuel compensation or not. With the mods you have you should be bumping up the fuel at least 5lbs and you can do that by adding an adjustable fuel regulator. It isn't hard to install and BMP sells them. One of the other things to check is maybe a tether cord. I have seen the Arctic Cat tethers not be fully seated and any little pressure on them kills the sled without fully pulling the tether out of it's post.
Your sled should not just die without flashing a code at you so watch for that. If it is only a bog and it isn't dieing completely then I will stick with the fuel thing or the power valve thing. Start there.....

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
one thing I've had problems with on both my 07's is the throttle safety switch, I had to play with the location of the throttle to get it to stop messing with me.

Same here. I can still make mine cutout if I wrap my hand over top of the handlebars and pull the throttle with my fingers. Also the goldfinger is a bugger to get right with the safety switch. To test if it is the safety switch just unplug it and ride.Good Luck

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I was under the impression that the throttle safety switch supplies inputs to the ECM on the 07's / 08's. Is this true, or can I simply unplug it and be a happier rider? Anyone?

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I had the same problem, with the same set up, but I had a speedwerx pipe and a PL controller,I would be sidehilling and all at once it would get fat and fall on its face and sometimes just quit.Then you could pull the rope and away it would go.I was told that the pipe was causing the extra heat at the airbox sensor and PL up graded the box and I adjusted the fuel a bit,and it hasn't done it since.I had a few close calls with some pretty big tree when it did cut out though,not a good feeling.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I was under the impression that the throttle safety switch supplies inputs to the ECM on the 07's / 08's. Is this true, or can I simply unplug it and be a happier rider? Anyone?

How about the 06? I have an 06 M7 for the misses. It seems to cut out sometimes too. or just dies when you roll to a stop. then fires right back up. also dies when it is cold if you dont keep slight pressure on the throttle. By the way it is the carbed version.

H
m1000 bogging/stalling

I have a jaws can, but I'm thinking it might be the saftey throttle switch because I put on a 4" riser and only ran it twice since in the spring with no hood on and it ran great. I have no controll box, know guys that had them and they had no luck with them. P.S. I tried the new Rev XP it climbed like hell but handled like crap, cat and polaris handled better. Polaris 800 Dragon if like the 700 is the first sled that might make me leave cat next year, also better dealers in this area.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Unplug it and give it a rip like I said before,it's a quick check. I spent hours working on mine trying to solve the same problem. It was the safety switch on my first m1000 and the main harness on the secondm1000. Took out 2 harnesses before we dielectriced the plug ends.3400 miles on both machines and no more probs. That safety switch can also be influenced by any debris e.g. ice, your glove pinched in the lever, or left hand throttle. Good Luck

M
Nov 27, 2007
How about the 06? I have an 06 M7 for the misses. It seems to cut out sometimes too. or just dies when you roll to a stop. then fires right back up. also dies when it is cold if you dont keep slight pressure on the throttle. By the way it is the carbed version.

Sounds like your throttle cable is too loose.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Heber City, Utah
Unplug it and give it a rip like I said before,it's a quick check. I spent hours working on mine trying to solve the same problem. It was the safety switch on my first m1000 and the main harness on the secondm1000. Took out 2 harnesses before we dielectriced the plug ends.3400 miles on both machines and no more probs. That safety switch can also be influenced by any debris e.g. ice, your glove pinched in the lever, or left hand throttle. Good Luck

What color are the wires for the throttle safety plug?

Premium Features