• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: PES - Quick Disconnect Sway Bar End Link Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
(*The center to center length of this part is not the same as stock and was designed to be that way*)

Can you explain why the length is not the same?

My analysis of why my end links failed, the motion of the sway bar, it's geometry, and it's relationship to the surrounding components showed having a slightly shorter link might reduce lock-out in the link by keeping the link in a slightly better position relative to the other components.
Obviously this is just my opinion,as I don't have any actual data to compare the two, but none of the field reports I've gotten back have shown any issue. I'm confident you will not be able to tell the difference between mine(when connected) and stock while riding.
I should add that the Disconnect side should be ever so slightly shorter than the non-disconnect side for the same reasons.

Hope that helps.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
My analysis of why my end links failed, the motion of the sway bar, it's geometry, and it's relationship to the surrounding components showed having a slightly shorter link might reduce lock-out in the link by keeping the link in a slightly better position relative to the other components.
Obviously this is just my opinion,as I don't have any actual data to compare the two, but none of the field reports I've gotten back have shown any issue. I'm confident you will not be able to tell the difference between mine(when connected) and stock while riding.
I should add that the Disconnect side should be ever so slightly shorter than the non-disconnect side for the same reasons.

Hope that helps.

WORD OF CAUTION---BUYER BEWARE

Had a bad experience dealing with these guys........

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
*Update(1/28): Kit compatible with the Pro RMK bonded A-Arms added. Please see swapmeet post for more info.

For Pricing and Ordering questions and discussion related to availability, pricing, shipping, order time, sales etc... information please see our post in the Swap Meet:

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...32#post3384632

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

Hope that helps.

WORD OF CAUTION---BUYER BEWARE

Had a bad experience dealing with these guys........

Sometimes things can happen.... we all understand that... I've had nothing but good interactions with LPIdaho.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
LP...What happens when the one side is disconnected...and compressed fully with the other side fully extended (sway bar in the fully down position)??.

I can tell you what happends. You break the mount on the a-arm. I bought 5 set, and sold the other 4 over here. Now I do feel bad for them I sold this product to. Might have to buy them back and put them in the drawer of shame.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Had to jump onto the phone to post pictures.
epa4urap.jpg

But atleast the wheater was good.

qura8eby.jpg

Daltech

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
On the non-bonded, steel arms, there may be less than an issue, steel instead of aluminum, but could also be bad, too. In some of the original pics I think you could see where the arms were scratched from what I thought could be one ski impacts with the disconnect off, hitting the lower arm instead of the connector mount. Geometry with the steel arms is different, that's known. Shocks off, running it through full cycles would tell the whole story. If you sold to non-bonded arm owners, you might be okay. Tough deal, thanks for sharing, your business ethics are commendable.

Premium Features