• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MIRAGE / BALBOA TRAILERS ARE JUNK!!!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Obviously an old thread that was dug up, but if they were so concerned about improving quality, they need to take care of their customers issues regardless. I work in an industry that loves to only warranty for the original owner which is bullcrap. My company covers the products and the labor costs, 100% regardless of the number of owners. Anything less is a cop out.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While I do NOT have a long history with Mirage, this is what I learned while I was visiting the factory. There were a heck of a lot of employees there build a ton of different trailers of all shapes, sizes and configurations. Snowmobile trailers were just one small part of their over all business. But the owner and his son both seemed interested in getting more involved with sledding on a personal recreational basis. And I think that is SUPER IMPORTANT for the quality of the product. When the owner puts his own trailer to use over a long weekend there can be no better learning environment for what works and what doesn't, and what needs to be modified and to be added to make a better trailer.

My gut feeling about Mirage is that if the customer treats them honestly and professionally, THEY WILL TAKE CARE of him!

But if the customer shows up yelling and screaming and making all manner of outrageous accusations about their trailers being a pile of garbage I wouldn't expect them to go an inch beyond the letter of the warranty contract.

I spent a LOT of time talking to the owner in personal conversations before I made the decision to write my check and buy this trailer. Make no mistake, I read every single negative thread about Mirage in the SnoWest Database, and put it to him to answer all the accusations. In the end, I was comfortable enough to give them a try.

Are they the perfect manufacturer?
No.
Not a chance, but I think they are sincerely trying to move into a position of being a provider of high-end sled trailers and not just another manufacturer in the bunch. But this is a process and they have been at it for several years now.

I am building up a list of each and every "niggle" on my trailer and fully expect them to deal with each and every item I list in due course. But I should be honest here and note that there hasn't been ANYTHING of any major concern yet, just little things that have not had any impact on the usability of the trailer. But if you are following along with my thread you will see all of them listed as I slowly move through the trailer.

S

snoman681

Feb 11, 2008
trailers

I had axel issues with my 2006 mirage, BUT I thought tha company was VERY easy to work with and fair on compensation the only complaint I have and this is for ALL AND I MEEN ALL MANUFACTURES is corrosion six year old trailer totally rusted out

Premium Features