• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

39” ZBros Install Question

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
39” ZBros Install Question

Hello,

Couple quick questions......

I just purchased the 39” stance. I have seen a few posts talking about having to grind the spindles. Am I supposed to do that with my 39” or is that only for the 36” ones? Also they came with tie rods but do I need to use those since it’s supposed to be the stock stance?

Thank you for the help. The install instructions are pretty weak.

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
I know for sure you don't need to use the tie rods. Stock ones work fine. As far as the grinding with the 39" stance I don't think you need to grind them. Pretty sure grinding the spindles is only on the 36" arms...

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Not sure on the Axys but on a Pro, the 39" Z-Broz you ended up with some pretty good marks in the spindles after turning each way max. A guy could have ground them a little to avoid but again, not 100% sure on the Axys but as mentioned above I know the 36" you do.

S
Nov 29, 2014
south lake tahoe
I installed a 39" kit on my 17 axys pro and had to grind my spindles. I put everything on and lifted the front end with a block under the belly, turned the steering both ways and marked the rub spots, then used a flap disk to gently bring those spots down. Not too much material taken out but its a bummer you have to do it in the first place.

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
Not sure why you have to grind a 39 inch kit...

Take a look at those kits, stock geometry and no modifications needed :

www.trenchers.ca/en (price are in CAD)

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Not sure why you have to grind a 39 inch kit...

Take a look at those kits, stock geometry and no modifications needed :

www.trenchers.ca/en (price are in CAD)

Since these look like a ZBros knock off and cost about $50(US) more delivered, what's the incentive to buy? Clearancing takes only a few minutes and ZBros typically has replacement arms on hand.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Since these look like a ZBros knock off and cost about $50(US) more delivered, what's the incentive to buy? Clearancing takes only a few minutes and ZBros typically has replacement arms on hand.

Not promoting or discrediting. I have zero experience with this company.

Heim joint instead of pressed in ball joint. No removal of old parts.

Canadian Company. Prices are in Canadian Dollars.

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Not promoting or discrediting. I have zero experience with this company.

Heim joint instead of pressed in ball joint. No removal of old parts. That's on their lower A-arm kit only

Canadian Company. Prices are in Canadian Dollars.
My comparison was using a .80 exchange rate. Their shipping quote was $60.

I was referring to their A-Arm kit which shows non-heim joint and states you need to re-use bushings/ball joints.

Actually about $40 more than ZBros using todays rate of .78. They do include a ball joint removal tool though.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
I installed a 39" kit on my 17 axys pro and had to grind my spindles. I put everything on and lifted the front end with a block under the belly, turned the steering both ways and marked the rub spots, then used a flap disk to gently bring those spots down. Not too much material taken out but its a bummer you have to do it in the first place.

I would go so far as to call it bush-league.

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
My comparison was using a .80 exchange rate. Their shipping quote was $60.

I was referring to their A-Arm kit which shows non-heim joint and states you need to re-use bushings/ball joints.

Actually about $40 more than ZBros using todays rate of .78. They do include a ball joint removal tool though.

The 39 inch kit is lowers only and include all balljoint and plastic bushing (ready to bolt on)

https://trenchers.ca/en/produits/39-chromoly-lower-a-arm-kit-polaris-rmk/

Z-Broz used to sell lowers only but i can't find now... They were 399,99$ USD with nothing (no balljoint and no bushing). So bottom line they cost more.

If you compare 36 inch kit with a conversion of 1,28 they are the same price. Also, the Trenchers kit keep the same geometry and you don't have to cut off your shock and you get a tool to remove balljoint without breaking them, you can put your swaybar back on and no grinding on the spindle...

Last edited:
P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
For anyone that cares.... I got my 39” ZBros on my 2016 today. I was able to use the stock tie rods. I lifted the sled up so the skis didn’t touch. The right spindle was super close to hitting the a arm. So I ground it down a bit. The left side hit pretty hard so I had to grind it down too. It wasn’t a huge deal. But still kind of a pain. So there’s the answer to my question.

I will say they do seem like a quality arm and they look pretty cool :)

Premium Features