• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What upgrades to do?

J

jehay

Mar 15, 2008
camrose, alberta
I got a completely stock 2008 Yamaha nytro mtx. I am planning on spending 3000 dollars on it. what would you suggest to do?

if you only want to spend 3 grand i would for sure change the track to a challger exterme that is number one the maverick sucks. next change the rear suspension to timbersled skid lose 40 pounds and a better suspension and if you have a little money left maybe some clutching Those changes will make a huge diff on the nytro and then save up for a turbo:eek:

goodan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
if you only want to spend 3 grand i would for sure change the track to a challger exterme that is number one the maverick sucks. next change the rear suspension to timbersled skid lose 40 pounds and a better suspension and if you have a little money left maybe some clutching Those changes will make a huge diff on the nytro and then save up for a turbo:eek:

What size of track would you go with? Also what would you do with the clutching? Would you just do the rear suspension or the front to? Thanks

U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
I would go with any header back system hauck, excell, there is also small shop making some to.

On mine I have an MBRP slip on and a hauck Header The MBRP is the loudest and sound great in the mountains.

I also have a challenger Extreme track with 8" big wheels and hauck K&N intake kit.

I'm not sure on what programmer yet.

For the front I have Fox Floats

I want to change the rear skid too ether timbersled or Kmod. I like Kmod as they build a heavy duty setup for 250 Lbs riders. As I am 6'7" tall 250LBS

The stiring relocation kit is great too

goodan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I would go with any header back system hauck, excell, there is also small shop making some to.

On mine I have an MBRP slip on and a hauck Header The MBRP is the loudest and sound great in the mountains.

I also have a challenger Extreme track with 8" big wheels and hauck K&N intake kit.

I'm not sure on what programmer yet.

For the front I have Fox Floats

I want to change the rear skid too ether timbersled or Kmod. I like Kmod as they build a heavy duty setup for 250 Lbs riders. As I am 6'7" tall 250LBS

The stiring relocation kit is great too

You say that you put the 8" big wheel kit on it. Then what size of track did you put on? And will the 16" wide track fit the tunnel? Also with putting on the Fox floats, will that stop the sled from diving unexpectedley?

Last edited:
J

jehay

Mar 15, 2008
camrose, alberta
You say that you put the 8" big wheel kit on it. Then what size of track did you put on? And will the 16" wide track fit the tunnel? Also with putting on the Fox floats, will that stop the sled from diving unexpectedley?

with stock motor no turbo the biggest track i would do is a 162 16 wide challger extreme the 16 will fit with a little tunnel work nothing major just turn some rivets around and grind down some bolts around the drivers area. I have fox floats on mine it does help the diving thing out but it still does it not as bad i am thinking of trying some simmons 2 ski the wide ones out. I would get the ice age rails that are cut for arctic cat axle with 8 inch wheels i would not get those ofset wheel adapter things i think they would break more. The ice age rails are nice you will have to get other rails anways to run the 162 track so get the ice age rails The clutching on a stock nytro i am not sure of because i run turbo but i would get the shockwave helix forsure because they are ajuctable so if you need more or less rpm you can make the change.

U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
I stayed with the 153 I like too ride my sled around home in the pairies as well as the mountains.

It is off my budies M8 that he smashed last year.

Yes the fox floats did help with the diving.

Yes I did go with 8" wheels with a mountain machines freedom axle

Two of them in the inside and tow of the up top.

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
If you decide to go with timbersled suspension I have a set of iceage rails set up for the suspension, they are 153 with extensions for 162, drilled for anti stap kit, I will sell for $150,

Premium Features