• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Insurance

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Who is the cheapest and what can I expect to pay. I have done some checking around and the lowest I have been quoted is 575/yr which is about twice as much as I was planning on spending.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Do you guys have any speeding tickets. I have two and I think that might be screwing me. I am trying to insure my 08 M1000 and I think the 1000cc is a big deal for some reason. Do all insurance company's look at your driving record to calc your sled insurance rate, it seems kind of irrelevant to me since you don't even need a drivers license to ride one.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I've got snowmobro insurance on my Nytro through USAA. Only cost me an additional $148 for six months to my policy, then it goes into "storage" for another six which I think the lady said was $54. But, I got a clean drivers record, three other vehicles insured via USAA and I've been a member for over 20 years. That and it's also based at your collision coverage, according to the USAA lady. I could've saved more by lowering collision but wanted to keep it parallel with my cars.

Another bro of mine insured his 07 Phazer for like $225 for six months via USAA.

G
Nov 14, 2004
North Idaho
I've got Safeco full coverage on both sleds $250 deductable. No tickets.
2005 RMK 900 stated value at $8000. $217 a year.
2008 RMK 700 stated value at $9200. $249 a year

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
I am going through this process again myself.

I currently have Liberty Mutual which seems to be fine - problem is my agent. He has made multiple, multiple errors....some documented, some undocumented. It's the undocumented error on the homeowners policy that is going to cost me. So I'm looking around.

Looked at Geico, who sells Foremost, they seemed to be rather expensive at $700+ for sleds. Geico's auto insurance was very competitve - but not enough to make up for the expensive sled insurance. Another downside of Geico is that there is no local agent. I've gone thru long-distance agencies before.....I'll pay for a close-to-home agency.

Another agency - this one close to home - uses Mutual of Enumclaw, which seems to have descent rates. I need to call her this afternoon to request written quotes....

Guess I'll have to re-look at Allstate as well. Haven't looked at Allstate in years - they never used to be competitive - not even close.

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
Do all insurance company's look at your driving record to calc your sled insurance rate, it seems kind of irrelevant to me since you don't even need a drivers license to ride one.
you don't see the corellation?

I don't know if they do or not....

we insure 5 sleds for around $1,000, $100 dedutible, w/ Allstate, but I've been with them since I was 16 and auto, life and hmeowners w/ them.....

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i go through state farm as well... have full coverage on my 05 900 and pay $24 a month durring the season, then just drop it to theft and fire coverage in the summer for $14 a month.... i'm only 19 tho so you can prolly get it cheaper

E
Nov 26, 2007
Why pay for the 100$ deduc? If your gonna report any sled damage it better be because you totaled it or need a new 4000$ front end, not because you need a new windshield. Save some cash and opt for the 500$ deduc.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
We have Mutal of Enumclaw pay $360 annually $100 deductable full coverage on our three sleds and there accessories. Was with Foremost but they kept upping there rates, and we have no tickets/accidents.

Good Luck

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I can't be the only person with a lead foot on this forum, how about the people that have tickets what do your rates look like. Maybe the people with tickets can't afford the insurance so they don't get it? I will do some more calling around tommorow and see if I can find anything reasonable

S
Nov 26, 2007
Ausm:

You're not the only one with a lead foot we just don't get caught. Heck if I had tickets, fines and points for all my speeding antics on my motorcycles I'd be revoked for life plus 10 years. Not sure about sleds but on motorcycles State Farm uses the engine displacement to conjure up their premiums. They also most likely go by stats they collect from claims, your age, marital status and I've heard some also check your financial credit rating to determine your rates. So it's not just tickets but they don't help!

George
Twisp, WA

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Who is the cheapest and what can I expect to pay. I have done some checking around and the lowest I have been quoted is 575/yr which is about twice as much as I was planning on spending.

Small world man...I grow up in Rathdrum and now live in Hayden.

Anyways I have my 2008 Rev XP with Safeco for $296 a year. Insured at $10,000 agreed value with $250 deductible. $300,000 liability coverage. Safeco does not surcharge for tickets on sleds. As long as you have under 2 in the past 36 months you should be fine.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
I just read you second post...most companies are leary on the higher cc machines. Safeco would not be an option in this case as they only go to 900 cc's. Progressive might be one of your only options.

Did you buy your Cat from Edge Performance?

Premium Features