• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10lbs, stock quick drive, and 3"... who's running?

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Anyone running a 3" boosted on the stock quick drive system? I'm looking to convert the 2.6 to a 280 or x3 track and will be set to run about 10lbs. Can the stock QD handle that well or is the TKI kit a "must" at that point? If the TKI is a must then that would probably scrap the plans to swap tracks at an additional $700...

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
The stock QD takes quite a bit of punch to be honest. Its really good on the axys. The only downfall is that you cant change gearing like the tki beltdrive can.

But if you are going a 2.8 or 3" track then you need to change drivers. And then its avid no-slip and anti stab axle thats the way to go. And that costs quite a bit...

Dont go with the 280.... I've tried serie 6, 7, 280 and CE X3. Serie 6 aint a bad track to be honest. Pops up really good on snow. X3 gets you alot more forward thrust but abit less popup.
The durability of the X3 is really amazing tho!!! 280's durability is like serie 6 or worse. Lighter track = less rubber = bad durability.

If i were you. Boost it and run it with stock track/QD and just add some more cash to the fuel account. More miles on the sled is always the best value ;)

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Kurts Off-Road offers a gear down kit for the AXYS QD. IF you are interested in going that route.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Wouldnt change the stock Quickdrive. I've seen better durability with it compared to TKI.

We have 3 sleds running 9+ psi with stock QD and Pro RMK belt. I don't even bring a spare belt anymore. That's how confident I am with it.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
It's not a necessity really but you do lose a little control and adjustability without swapping to the TKI. Also an FYI if you are breaking TKI belts, something else is wrong whether it's a bad bearing or running the belt too tight. When the system is cold it should feel borderline loose. After a stock QD belt is broken in they will look slightly loose too.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
We have 3 sleds running 9+ psi with stock QD and Pro RMK belt. I don't even bring a spare belt anymore. That's how confident I am with it.

1400 boosted miles last year and still on the original QD belt. ^^^^ He's not wrong in his confidence.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Seen it done a few times for sure....Axys and Pro. Fire and Ice belt deflection kit was a super simple little upgrade on the Pro for that application. Not sure if they have 1 for Axys....worth looking in to for the $$.

Premium Features