• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need jetting help

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
When I ran my 600 twin I found that it liked 140's or 137.5's at that altitude. I think if I'd have had the yamaha jet that's half way in between it would have been perfect as the 137.5 were a bit lean when it would cool of a lot during the day. Needles in the top clip with one washer under. Pilots were 55's I think. Obviously if your temps are real extreme one way or the other you'll need to tweak things, but this should get you close.

clharris

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
mantorville mn
thanks for the help,how about the air screw?, I put on a ATTAC kit but thinking I should take along jets if it dosnt work right

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Fuel screw I think was 1.5 turns out, but that will depend on your motor as it's a fine adjustment to get perfect.

Clutching I ran the 8 CR's with a 3.6 in each hole. Doing it again I'd run a 2.7 in the tip as I was just under on my rpm's. Y-S-Y short spring seems to ring a bell. May have been a G-P-G. It's been a few years and my notes are at home. I ran a either a 45 or 43 helix/ green spring @ 70.

clharris

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
mantorville mn
thanks for the help ,hoping the ATTAC system work good out there, leaving in the morning & staying @ snowy mountain lodge for the week , sure hope they have some good snow

Premium Features