• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 class engines- dimensions and weights? Please!

D
Feb 9, 2015
Hi Guys,
Im planning to build my own project sled this summer, I am not particular to any specific engine manufacture, as long as it is reliable, and fits my needs, 140+ hp with broad power band ideally. I have heard the M series engine is up to 25 lbs heavier than the Ptek motors but cant see that much difference being true.
Oh, EFI, definitely not DFI though. and Im not opposed to the M1000 motor either, except I could see it being 15lbs heavier and 4 inches wider than the M8.

Does anyone know the width , height and weights of the 1000 , and 800 engines of the last decade? Is there a post or link anywhere?
Thanks in advance.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hi Guys,
Im planning to build my own project sled this summer, I am not particular to any specific engine manufacture, as long as it is reliable, and fits my needs, 140+ hp with broad power band ideally. I have heard the M series engine is up to 25 lbs heavier than the Ptek motors but cant see that much difference being true.
Oh, EFI, definitely not DFI though. and Im not opposed to the M1000 motor either, except I could see it being 15lbs heavier and 4 inches wider than the M8.

Does anyone know the width , height and weights of the 1000 , and 800 engines of the last decade? Is there a post or link anywhere?
Thanks in advance.

08 ptek with clutches. 100#

fgauvin7

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2012
I just wighted a 800Ho 2016 engine from a cat this winter.

Block only, no stator, no flywheel, no reeds, no intake boots, no power valve, no oil pump.... Just the block with spark plug at 59.1lbs

Premium Features