• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So What The He11 Does Work.... Build

D
Mar 10, 2009
be careful with the ebay turbo the fins are known to blown off and inject them selves in the engine. seen it A LOT in the car world. not worth the risk. imo

I have seen this too, but typically at a lot higher boost pressures then we normally run in sleds. At 6-8psi the cdm turbo's seem to last quite awhile, at 25psi+ not so much.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Did you make the muffler in the down pipe yourself? If so, any tips?

Probably the most important piece of a divorced pipe is the half moon section I just welded on in this pic. It helps the exhaust gas flow smoothly as it leaves the turbine.

IMG_1184.jpg

Last edited:
B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
be careful with the ebay turbo the fins are known to blown off and inject them selves in the engine. seen it A LOT in the car world. not worth the risk. imo

I am not to worried about my motor, any chucks of Chinese turbo that break off won’t make it by my debris shield (aka mr. intercooler). lol

IMG_1251.jpg

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
:fear:So I started the last night, just to see if it would and to measure some voltages to find some clean dc for the stuff I have to add on.

It looks promising, only revved it to 4000 with no charge tube in place and it ran really clean. I am pulling 5% fuel so I do not think I will see the high exhaust pressure I was anticipating in fact I think I might have opened the turbine housing up to much. I had my hand over the turbo outlet and there really was not much air coming out until it hit 3800 and then it seemed to take off hard. :eyebrows:

IMG_1254.jpg

Last edited:
C
Oct 5, 2010
The Cariboo
Oil Pump?

Hi, I have a buddy who saw this last night on my computer and was in ahh and now wants to build a turbo sled. He says he has a turbo kicking around that looks similar but doesn't know what to use as a oil pump for it and wants to know what you are useing.

Great job!!

Thanks
Lee

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Went out for a ride..........................

Sharp eyes will spot the garrett in the pic

IMG_1264.jpg

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
The 82mm ebay turbo sled is tuned pretty good it was on the snow last week, Flint just got his sled out last night the one with the Garrett. We are using dobecks 3.5 with external map sensors. Both controllers have the same program flash into them but garrett was flooding badly when it rolls into boost. Turns out his charge tube blew off

That 82mm abomination of a turbo is working a lot better then I ever expected, I don’t think a 60mm Garrett is going to catch it. Were going to find out pretty quick what the he11 works

I get some vids up this week end if everything is still running :pop2:

Last edited:
D
Mar 10, 2009
So I take it that the cdm turbo spools before redline, and doesn't surge? You probably fixed the possible surge issue when you opened up the turbine housing.

Looking forward to videos.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Well.................Just wanted to see what Gus would have to say, he likes big turbos but that 82mm is just a freak that took a long boat ride to end up on a sled.

Had the 2860 out tonight and holly does it ever build boost fast. Hoping to ride tomorrow.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
So the white sled is running the 82mm @ 6psi and the black one is the 2860 hitting 7psi

The snow still sucks around here :heh:

<iframe width="570" height="440" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h92tO8FsYJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
T
Aug 8, 2011
Looks like the big turbo spools plenty quick to ride...2860 sled sounds like it spools quicker. How are they on the big end compared to each other

Premium Features