• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drift HD170 Stealth

O

oneal30

Nov 6, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Awesome

IMO this is the way to go. The GO Pro is a pain in the *** to hit the record button on the top of your helmet. Plus, it looks kinda goofy if you ask me. The Stealth just looks cooler on the Helmet and you can hit the record button right on your handle bars.

Oh; and it's considerably cheaper than the Go Suck... I mean Pro.. :face-icon-small-win

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
thats cool if all you like is helmet cam shots. It might be nice to have that for your helmet and gopro for everywhere else,you can mount them all over,thats the selling point to me..

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
You can mount a Stealth cam wherever you can think of!

3 or 4 mounting options come with it and all you have to do is be a little creative and you'll find a way to mount it however you like.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
You can mount a Stealth cam wherever you can think of!

3 or 4 mounting options come with it and all you have to do is be a little creative and you'll find a way to mount it however you like.

And you can link all of your HD170 Drifts to one remote.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
And you can link all of your HD170 Drifts to one remote.

Yes, up to 3 max I believe, if I read in the instructions correctly. Don't know why it would be limited, but thought I read that. Very very cool feature, aside of the remote alone!! Remote fits nicely right over the handle bar pad on my Pro :face-icon-small-hap

I got my Drift yesterday. I tried it out today by strapping in on my Pointing lab and doing some training drills. Seems to work well. But is there any other software anyone recommends to view the MOV files beside dumb Quicktime?

Also, what is a good editing software?

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I got my Drift yesterday. I tried it out today by strapping in on my Pointing lab and doing some training drills. Seems to work well. But is there any other software anyone recommends to view the MOV files beside dumb Quicktime?

Also, what is a good editing software?

Download the newest version of Windows Media Player, on my computer it plays though windows media player.

I use Sony Vegas HD editing software, it works really good, but is hard to use at first, but it shows you how to do everything if you need help!!

RYan

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
Just a heads up for those that use the goggle strap mount, I took two pieces of shrink tubing (heat it up and shrinks and is on good!) and slid over prongs that wrap around the strap and the mount won't come off the goggle strap now!

Premium Features