• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wondering snow conditions at Togwotee

I

iq 700

Dec 8, 2008
Cromwell mn
hi. There's 8 of us heading to Togwotee mountain lodge Thursday its our first time going here. I know everyone has there secret spots but what direction should a guy head. Most of us have mod sleds. Any info would be muchly appreciated. How's the snow there

Thanks

S
Jan 1, 2005
Cedar Rapids, Ia.
Last report I got, their talking 8"-10" of fresh. Not sure what the next few days will bring.:beer;

BTNF Backcountry Avalanche Hazard & Weather Forecast

Continental Divide Trails/Togwotee Pass
Jackson Ranger District, POB 1689, Jackson WY 83001
Issued: Sat January 24, 2009 6:00 AM

M O U N T A I N - W E A T H E R - P A S T - 2 4 - H O U R S

5:00 AM Temperature at 10,400': 15° F
Maximum Temperature at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: 24° F
Average Wind Direction at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: West-Northwesterly
Average Wind Speed at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: 9 MPH
Maximum Wind Gust at 10,400' Past 24 Hours: 20 MPH
Snowfall/Prec. Past 24 Hours Brooks Lake Lodge: 1"/0.08"
Total Snow Depth 9,300' Elevation Brooks Lake Lodge: 49"
Total Snowfall Starting October 1 Brooks Lake Lodge: 138"
Snowfall/Prec. Past 24 Hours Togwotee Mountain Lodge: 1"/0.09"
Total Snow Depth 8,700´ Elevation Togwotee Mountain Lodge: 47"
Total Snowfall Starting October 1 Togwotee Mountain Lodge: 135"

M O U N T A I N - W E A T H E R - F O R E C A S T - F O R - T O D A Y

Cloudy skies with periods of light to moderate snowfall.

Temperature Forecast for 8,000'-9,000': Rising into the mid 20's.
Ridge Top Wind Forecast for 10,000': Southwest at 15 to 25 with gusts to 30 miles per hour.
Snowfall Expected Next 24 Hours: 8 to 10"

G E N E R A L - A V A L A N C H E - A D V I S O R Y

The general avalanche hazard is MODERATE. Instabilities persist near the base of the snowpack. The potential remains for humans to trigger deep hard slabs in some steep avalanche paths. The failure of these deep hard slabs would likely require a larger trigger such as a snowmachine or multiple riders or skiers, however it may still be possible for a single skier who crosses a thin weak spot on a steep slope to initiate the release of one of these dangerous slabs.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
just got back from 3 days in that area.....trails are all excellent, but hard....it's been a while since the last snow storm there, most hills were beat up with a lot of rock and stumps....tree riding was pretty good, but you had to kind of search it out...southern exposures were frequently bare...it was just starting to snow when i left on friday night, with about 3 inches of new on the ground...supposed to snow for the next 4-5 days....maybe hire a guide for a ride or two to show you around....lots of places to go, have fun....:face-icon-small-hap

1wpdn1

Dec 7, 2007
getting better

I was over the Pass yesterday and they got close to a foot right at 9500 feet. At the lodge they had about 6 inches new. It has snowed off and on in Jackson today so I assume it is getting better. I will be back over the pass tommorow so I will give you an update. I sense you will have pretty good conditions and the avalanche danger is better than it has been.....Head up high and snow will be good.

I

iq 700

Dec 8, 2008
Cromwell mn
thanks a lot guys. Sure hope we have some good powder to ride n. I guess regardless it should be fun. Everyone's pretty excited

Premium Features