• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp pipe on 16 axys

K
Dec 20, 2007
S.L.C/
looking to get the slp combo on my 16 with 300 miles , what clutch kit are u guys running for 7-10k and what gains are u seeing ? thanks for info

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Make sure you get the most recent SLP Pipe/can combo - there were issues with harmonics cracking the welds at the pipe sensor.
Clutching... well there is a ton of information on here .. depends what you really want for 7-10K, as that is my back yard- but I am not running SLP

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I would advise against the SLP. They run good but the amount of issues they had with cracking in many itterations of weld patterns /clamos etc would not inspire me to buy one. BMP ones area little thicker material so you dont drop the weight. BUT, they also wont crack, which is pretty handy.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I've had good luck with Polaris almond primary and SLP red\black secondary, then weight to elevation, I'm 9.5-12K in Colorado with 10-60's ground to 59.5g, so you're likely a couple grams higher.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
About 2000 miles on my slp pipe, no cracks, runs good. Had a compete carls setup for clutching, i like the stock setup with proper weights better. Mine is also geared down with pro chassis QD pullies

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
No cracks in my SLP with 2 seasons on it. I check regularly.

I ride from 7-10k and kept the stock clutching. I could have reduced the weight for elevation, then added some back for the pipe and silencer. Sled pulls 8400 rpm.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
A few of my friends have run SLP, good for weight savings, but minimal if any performance gain. My 2018 stocker pulls a little harder than a couple piped sleds I ride with. We've found Polaris book clutching is hard to beat, found some set-ups that will get you more top end in a road race but can't find any gains in mountain performance. We do side by side racing all day long in an effort to define what really works well. Porting, pipe, head, and mapping is a different story, performance gains are huge.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
If adding 4 grams to the primary with just the slp setup and still pulling 100-150 rpm over stock is no gain then yes that is correct. The slp equipped sleds in my area show big gains over stock. On the other hand my pipe blew a huge hole right at the bend after the Y pipe but SLP sent me a new one at no charge, it was about 13 months old. I would recommend it if you are truly looking for performance gains. Best bang for the buck in my eyes.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If adding 4 grams to the primary with just the slp setup and still pulling 100-150 rpm over stock is no gain then yes that is correct. The slp equipped sleds in my area show big gains over stock. On the other hand my pipe blew a huge hole right at the bend after the Y pipe but SLP sent me a new one at no charge, it was about 13 months old. I would recommend it if you are truly looking for performance gains. Best bang for the buck in my eyes.

The ones I have rode have ran very well. Its noticeable for sure.

Premium Features