• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro 174 3" with a Twisted Turbo

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Have you experienced any DET problems?
How has the twisted worked so far? How many#'s have you ran and how many miles?
Thanks
dc

he said no problems as of yet, other then way to much transfer he did some suspension mods havnt talked to him since

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Here's a short video of our tuning session. So far 150 miles, no problems, no det sensors, nothing. The paint is PPG automotive paint(base coat clear coat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KebR4RYKo

I just watch this movies, and there are problems that I can hear. At .16 seconds on the video you can clearly hear that it loads up on the bottom end, and you cant mash it from a dead stop as it over fuels.

I am still considering which turbo to purchase but none of them have the bottom ends figured out, that I have heard of or personally seen.

Take a video of that thing in fresh snow from a dead stop and smash the throttle lets see what it does.

Someone please fiqure these out so I can own a turbo sled again.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
I just watch this movies, and there are problems that I can hear. At .16 seconds on the video you can clearly hear that it loads up on the bottom end, and you cant mash it from a dead stop as it over fuels.

I am still considering which turbo to purchase but none of them have the bottom ends figured out, that I have heard of or personally seen.

Take a video of that thing in fresh snow from a dead stop and smash the throttle lets see what it does.

Someone please fiqure these out so I can own a turbo sled again.

if its rich on the bottom i dont see why fuel controller companys havnt taken fuel out seems pretty simple to me

S
Dec 25, 2008
bad low end

The sled sounds bogy when he try’s to mash it like its loading up and its more than a box issue I heard its something to deal with Polaris new fuel map there messing with some different stuff. The only company I know of to get a handle on it has been Silber turbos they have videos on you tube u can hear clearly that there running good in and out the gas and from a dead stop.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
After watching the video I have found your problem.....

It's the guy riding it, he doesn't have a clue! Just look at his haircut ;)

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Please dont get me in the middle of this diaster waiting to happen. Sled sounds pretty good, but does sound like it loaded up on the bottom, this is a common problem with these sleds. Alot of testing and tuning and design changes will cure the problem.

Thanks
Justin

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
LOL Reminds me of when everbody put 6" shackles on the back of their Chevelle. Just need to put a couple of red lights on the axle. Ha Haa

Seriously, that has gotta be a blast to ride. Point up hill and hang on....

shackles dont work on a chevelle, they have a 4 link coil spring type suspension. airshocks is where its at

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
2011 Pro 174 3" with a twisted turbo

I had a few "new product" problems at the start. They are solved. Have ridden the turbo 700 miles with no adjustments. The track works great with this sled. I'm showing 60-62 track speed climbing steep/deep hills.

The preceeding post is hard to answer. I've personally never had a spot where I wished that I had a smaller track. I've certainly never had anyone with my comparable skills ride away from me because he had a shorter track.

Here's a link to other Pro 174 3" users: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265752

I'm sure that this big track/small track thing will never be over.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Is this the Robbie that my dad introduced me to at Kurts BBQ last August? You and my dad were pledge brothers and UM, right?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Gotcha. Cool.

You'll have to post some new vids your buggy.

Premium Features