• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro wiring harness preventive maintainence, time to pull the hood and get to wrapping

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

freerideordie

Dec 24, 2007
B.C.
ive found a spot that the pto injector wire harness rubs, this was causing a bad bog... its rubbing on the fuel rail on the mag. side

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Sending this thread to the top again after Err's experience. Really glad I did all of mine in the beginning. Be careful like mountainhorse said. I think I messed up the adjustment on my tps when I did mine. Had to have it reset.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
you're better served by taking apart all the connectors and packing them with dielectric grease (only about 3 connectors had this already). Did ALL of mine except for the O2 sensor which you don't want to do.

Are you disconnecting plugs,packing dialectric and then reconnecting? Are you also packing the backside of the plugs where the wires enter plug housings? Noticed a lot of water forms on the connections above the clutch side cover.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i'd thought i'd bring this post back up for all the guys who are buying a 2011 sled for this season. some things to check while waiting for the pow to come. most of the problems as stated before were on the early builds, but the electrical plugs that need addressed are on all of them. i've read the post that says they have improved all or most of these things on the 12's

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Are you disconnecting plugs,packing dialectric and then reconnecting? Are you also packing the backside of the plugs where the wires enter plug housings? Noticed a lot of water forms on the connections above the clutch side cover.

Yes. Not doing the backsides (attracts too much dirt). For those with exposure (like the clutch side) it wouldn't be a bad idea to wrap all the way to the plug with tape.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features