• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a anti fog remedy!

Jan 6, 2009
Minnesota
I wear glasses in my helmet, cant wear contacts and untill i have lasik sugery I am in desperate need of a solution to my fogging problem. I have a moto style polaris helmet otg goggles, (smith) and a full face helmet with flip down sheild... what can I do.. any sprays or cleaner work well for fog with glasses and goggles?

Thanks

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Get the Habervision eliminator. I use it on my 509 googles and it works great. It's a little loud at first, but you get used to it. Plus, I run it on auto mode, so it usually only comes on when I get stuck and I'm puffing hard. PM Milehighassassin on this 4M. He can get you a deal on one.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
An inexpensive but highly effective option (with your open face helmet and goggles) is a "No-Fog" mask. I bought one and literally cannot fog up my goggles even if I'm digging out a stuck sled with my goggles on.

Here's a picture- you probably can find a local dealer so I'm not necessarily recommending this outfit although this is where I bought mine:
http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Snowmobile_Catalog_Face_Masks__Hats___Shirts_121.html

They're kind of goofy looking but once you have your helmet on it just looks like you have breath box.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
Some of you may not realize that the problem for those of us wearing glasses is more the glasses fogging than the goggles. I just tried the Haber Eliminator for the first time. Though it doesn't keep my glasses 100% fog free, it's the best I've tried yet. My glasses de-fog a lot faster after getting fogged. The goggles are always fog free now. No way around it, glasses are a pain!

S
Oct 1, 2002
NY
I use the spray Cat crap on my goggles and have great results with it... I dont see why it wouldnt work on a shield and glasses

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
little bit of dawn dish soap and water

the dawn keeps moisture from sticking to the lenses or glasses

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I have been riding with glasses for 10 years the only thing that works is Nothing its the glasses not the goggles. Really I have found as you ride and your face gets hot you glasses sit very close to you face so the heat from your head fogs the glasses not the goggles so as you glasses get hot they fog on the side facing your face ( really every time) fogs so you take you goggles off and ride with out them, then put them back on now you will fog no matter what. Cause you glasses get really cold and your face is still really hot. So now no matter what what you do including lifting the one side of your goggles to get some cool air in to un fog but then as soon as you let go they fog up again then you cuss and swear that you hate glasses and then the fog ices your on your glasses so you take them off and put them in your pocket and try to ride blind>>>> Really Nothing works.. but I have found the goggles with fans in them work the best not 100% and they are expensive but if your like me and cant wear contacts they are worth the money.:beer; Found a good set My brother in-law used for paint ball 80 bucks

Last edited:
O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
if its your glasses fogging try rubbing some shaving cream on one lens buff it clean then hold them over some steamy water. the untreated side will fog the shaving cream side wont. learned this from good old mom. she used to do the bathroom mirror this way so it wouldn't fog after a shower. lasts for a while then re apply..

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Get the Habervision eliminator. I use it on my 509 googles and it works great. It's a little loud at first, but you get used to it. Plus, I run it on auto mode, so it usually only comes on when I get stuck and I'm puffing hard. PM Milehighassassin on this 4M. He can get you a deal on one.

Thanks for the referral. The Eliminator is designed to keep the goggles from fogging and does a great job at that. It does not always work to keep glasses from fogging but it helps. Each set of glasses are different but here are a few suggestions:

1. Do not over dress. So many people make this mistake. I am usually a tad cold when I leave the truck. Remember you are going to be working when you ride, it's not like you are ice fishing.

Something else to remember is that the body uses the head to help the body cool by sweating. So when you overdress you are going to sweat and try to get rid of the heat, when you wear a helmet it prevent the body from losing heat.

2. If you wear glasses I recommend a high volume goggles. Something like the HaberVision Ouzo These goggles are designed for eye glasses wearers. Other higher volume larger goggles will work but the Ouzo has a special shaped lenses to make room for the glasses.

Another option for eye glasses wearers are the HaberVision Inserts
get_image.aspx

You buy these from us for $25 and take them to your optometrist to get the lenses put in.

I will say that on your glasses you should try an anti-fog coating use a higher volume goggle and then an Eliminator.

The Eliminator is nice for contact wearers because it only runs when you need it. When you have a fan on all the time it tends to dry out your eyes and contacts. I wear contacts myself with no issues.

Right now HaberVision is having sale on all HaberVision Eliminator/Goggle Combo deals. You get 70% off. Follow my signature and then enter the coupon code ELIMG70 at checkout.

I do not know how long this will last, so jump on it.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
I used to use electric shield and use Duct tape on face mask with breath deflector. I would tape strips along top of nose and on cheeks. Heat could not rise and fog glasses. Looked goofy but if you ride hard it is way better to see what your heading into.

S
Dec 8, 2009
Osceola, WI
It's nice to see a thread specificaly for us visualy impared riders. I ride with a full face shield and it's a problem. Last night on a short ride I had to have the shield up at all times. Or either one would fog. I'm going to stop down and grab one of those face masks, need one any way. And see how that works this weekend.

But gogles with the elimators may be my only hope. And I like the idea of having gogles with my perscription in. Has any one complained that they had problems seeing through the perscriptions, being that they look like there further away from your face than normal glasses?

Premium Features