• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: New Servers !!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hmmm...well of my 1800 posts...about 1725 are all of technical content and research...and im just a little upset that i cannot erase them and that they will be be viewed by paying customers when i offered them for free...and i as well freely and without coercion donated to this forum out of good will...so yep some whining on my part...but its going to be fine dining by the money grabbers on behalf of this forum on your dollar..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As of right now, we plan on installing all the new hardware on Wednesday. Sometime over Thanksgiving weekend, we should be able to move the site over onto the new servers and start activating some of the upgraded features that are installed but not available to the general membership. And of course, we expect that to mark the end of all performance related issues on the site once and for all.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The new servers are now running in test mode.
We are loading all of the software onto them and pre-configuring them for the installation on Weds.

So far so good.
If all goes well, the forums will be running on the new servers sometime Weds Afternoon !

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We are the patient type around here.
We know that growth will follow infrastructure, so we are laying the foundation for a bigger better SnoWest for years to come.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The first two new SnoWest Servers are now INSTALLED!.

Over the next couple days we will be transferring the forums off of the current servers and onto the new ones.

The installation of the new hardware was frought with far more problems than expected, and while we had hoped to have the forums moved over right away, its going to take another day or so to get all the software ported over.

But, we are working on it even as I write this.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
000201E0.gif
:D

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Working on it!
But it takes TIME and the wife and kids are not very forgiving on THANKSGIVING!!! :)

Ya, you better keep them happy.
You know no matter what you do here, some one's not going to be happy.

Have a good dinner :beer;:beer;:beer;

KSH

Premium Features