• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 push turbo

S
Nov 27, 2007
So, I have a line on really cheap M8 with push turbo. Not sure all the details as in what box it has and clutching etc. it is set up for pump gas.
Just wondering if I'm buying a headache or not?
Thanks

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Any kit is a headache if not installed correctly.. Find a good turbo guy to help you and you will be smiling.. Their fuel box is less than desirable..

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Interested to see what fueling box is on it. I just bought a used kit for my yamaha and the Dobeck box is easy to set up but I can tell not the best in the biz.

mckinney

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I had a 2010 m8 with a Push tial kit and it was great. My buddy had a 2011 with the Push G kit which was not a good kit IMO. I would not put a G kit on my sled if I got it for free.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Dont buy the G kit turbo. I have one and youll be battling it the entire year, the turbo itself is the issue its a garbage Chinese turbo, after I changed out to a garrett ive had nothing but fun with it. If its the tail kit id go with it! But I repete do NOT buy the gkit unless it has a different turbo on it.

Also I had the PCV box I never used the Push box that came with it.

S
Nov 27, 2007
looks like that except for the blow off back into the exhaust. Has push turbo fuel box on it. Has aux injector in the boost pipe. Pretty sure I'm going to pick it up. I'll post some pics.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
looks like that except for the blow off back into the exhaust. Has push turbo fuel box on it. Has aux injector in the boost pipe. Pretty sure I'm going to pick it up. I'll post some pics.

Must be a g kit hopefully it has upgraded turbo.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Does it look similar to my setup here? I have a Garrett on in this picture but its still the same style as the original GKIT. The issue with teh Gkit is that the turbo is to small and it creates so much heat that it causes issues very easily. You will detonate easier then other sleds running the exact same boost simply because of heat. You will also be heat soaking the entire engine bay even with very good venting causing power loss and other potential issues. Along with heat issues from the small turbo you are also making less power since you arnt pushing as much air as a larger turbo. SO what that means is you need to run higher octane to help battle the heat issues and you are already making less power then a sled that needs maybe just a tiny bit of race/av gas or even straight pump. So youre making less power and spending more money on gas.

If youre willing to do the work to put a different turbo on id say go for it, the kit has a ton of potential you just need to get past the turbo itself. After I put my garrett on it was an entire new sled. I ran 8psi with the old and new turbo and it was night and day difference, it ran so much cooler, made way more power, and all I need with this setup is a splash of AV gas for longer pulls.

EDIT: If you do end up getting it make sure you do a cold air intake, its made a night and day difference for me

Attachments

• IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
I picked the sled up. It was so pig rich when I got it would barely move .
At 1800 ft in saskatchewan. Ran 50/50 av and premium . Didn't see set light. Lots going on.clutched way heavy only pulling 7300. Seems to work ok.sluggish outta the whole. Figure that's the heavy weights.
For the guys shaking there head I payed less for whole sled with turbo than they are selling for without.
Thanks for all the help so far. Want to get it working right here before head out west.
Was running 8-9 psi anyone have a clutch set up that would get me close?
Running what looks like stock cat 80g weight 673/80 on the weights and a push 47/37 orange secondary spring and a black primary.

Thanks in advance

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I picked the sled up. It was so pig rich when I got it would barely move .
At 1800 ft in saskatchewan. Ran 50/50 av and premium . Didn't see set light. Lots going on.clutched way heavy only pulling 7300. Seems to work ok.sluggish outta the whole. Figure that's the heavy weights.
For the guys shaking there head I payed less for whole sled with turbo than they are selling for without.
Thanks for all the help so far. Want to get it working right here before head out west.
Was running 8-9 psi anyone have a clutch set up that would get me close?
Running what looks like stock cat 80g weight 673/80 on the weights and a push 47/37 orange secondary spring and a black primary.

Thanks in advance

Change that secondary... Racinstation recommended a 35/44p and thats what i have on mine and it seems to pull hard. I had a straight 36 on before that and it pulled really hard too. Order a set of adjustable weights or even just a clutch kit with weights helix springs ect. I think itll save you a lot of trouble because like I learned if you tune to one clutch setup then you drastically change it later the tuning wont even be close.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
X2 did you get it working? My buddy had a g kit on m8 for 2 seasons never got it to work. I think 76 gram and 36/46 would get you lot closer on clutching.

Premium Features