• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EPA has released HP numbers

W
Jan 29, 2010
NH
Why is skidoo #1 even here!! I came on this tread to see about 2019 Polaris HP #'s and all I see is a Pro Hater trying to act like a know it all. Any Engineering student can list off formulas and imply that he is smarter that every one else. but you are not. so please go away!!!! why is the moderator of this thread putting up with this s#@t. this is a Polaris user thread not a skidoo thread..

#'s don't get you to the top of the hill... your skill and a sled do.. just saying...…..

D
May 24, 2012
skidoo #1 is actually a smart guy, at least from my point of view. I don't believe that he has anything bad to say about Polaris, but of course it is up to him to defend his views.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Why is skidoo #1 even here!! I came on this tread to see about 2019 Polaris HP #'s and all I see is a Pro Hater trying to act like a know it all. Any Engineering student can list off formulas and imply that he is smarter that every one else. but you are not. so please go away!!!! why is the moderator of this thread putting up with this s#@t. this is a Polaris user thread not a skidoo thread..

#'s don't get you to the top of the hill... your skill and a sled do.. just saying...…..

No, comments like these are comments that moderators do not like. The numbers were wrong and/or the title column from the EPA was wrong, plain and simple. It is seeming like both of these happen to be true.

Me correcting the OP actually led to correcting the EPA. I was not correct as the OP may have turned out to be right. I know my name gets you Polaris guys going but that's what I like best. I have nothing bad to say about the brand, as of right now.

NoNonSense's information saying that the data is submitted to the EPA by the manufacturer's is good to know. EPA should still organize the data and know if Polaris is sending them power numbers or if Ski-doo is sending them torque numbers.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
LOL. Been on Poo since 2012, and have an 850 POO on the way. No bias here.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
NoNonSense's information saying that the data is submitted to the EPA by the manufacturer's is good to know. EPA should still organize the data and know if Polaris is sending them power numbers or if Ski-doo is sending them torque numbers.

Based on the level of detail that NoNonSense provided, I think it is safe to assume he has first had experience with this (likely manufacturer employee).

Also, based on my experience with government entitles that require test information to be submitted and then later published, the amount of errors and lack of proof-reading is atrocious. You have individuals at the manufacturers who assume they can submit garbage information because it will later be checked by the government authority prior to publication. And then on the other side of the fence you have a government authority assuming what is being submitted is good because a manufacturer wouldn't dare submit something that could later come back on them.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
It’s funny looking at every forum out there and all the doolaiders over explaining why the poo has this and the doo has that :face-icon-small-hap

D
May 24, 2012
It’s funny looking at every forum out there and all the doolaiders over explaining why the poo has this and the doo has that :face-icon-small-hap

You probably didn't take a close enough look on DooTalk where the members were quite impressed with the level of power in stock form. I put a question mark on the lower part of the powerband, but most people are only concerned with the Peak Powerband which is nearly identical between the two. It is impressive for an 840cc.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
You probably didn't take a close enough look on DooTalk where the members were quite impressed with the level of power in stock form. I put a question mark on the lower part of the powerband, but most people are only concerned with the Peak Powerband which is nearly identical between the two. It is impressive for an 840cc.

I don’t have a doo so I’m not on doo doo talk , but thanks for the heads up

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Based on the level of detail that NoNonSense provided, I think it is safe to assume he has first had experience with this (likely manufacturer employee).

Also, based on my experience with government entitles that require test information to be submitted and then later published, the amount of errors and lack of proof-reading is atrocious. You have individuals at the manufacturers who assume they can submit garbage information because it will later be checked by the government authority prior to publication. And then on the other side of the fence you have a government authority assuming what is being submitted is good because a manufacturer wouldn't dare submit something that could later come back on them.

I agree he does indeed seem to know his stuff regarding how it works. However, we had already arrived at the conclusion that Doo submitted torque values and Poo submitted power values. His knowledge was reassuring and he was thanked. Now we know more from other tests, the Poo puts out more power than the Doo.

I laugh too. Too bad they don't lock us out of here huh?

I do owe the OP an apology. I said he was incorrect in the beginning post but he really wasn't. So my apologies. I am still happy we determined not all numbers in that column are in-line with the heading of that column.

Last edited:
Premium Features