• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jacks for removing a sled deck?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Probably a dumb question, but can anyone recommend a brand of high-lift slide-in camper jacks that I could use for removing a sled deck?

I looked and the highest one I could find only had a 57" lift height, I figure I need more than that for the deck frame to clear my wheel wells.

Thought I'd post up to see what everyone does to install/remove their deck when you don't have access to a hoist, skid steer, forklift, or like 3 or 4 friends. :)

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
What I did was buy 2 harbor freight hoists, and bolted to the rafters to lift the deck off. Works great and the hoists are pretty cheap. Check em out. If you have a shop or garage with some height

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Tripod camper jacks.
Make them any height u want.
Probably find a used set on craigslist or ebay.
5ea624f0e1ab5a3a89759cd4b97bf788.jpg

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
When I ran a deck, I started with regular camper jacks, but as you said - I went to a fork truck. LOL!

I switched to a flatbed soon after tho....

Is your deck frame up front wider than your wheel wells?
You could easily make some stilts to put on the bottom of regular height jacks.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I may just go rent a skid-steer with forks for an hour and call it good lol :face-icon-small-con

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Probably a dumb question, but can anyone recommend a brand of high-lift slide-in camper jacks that I could use for removing a sled deck?

I looked and the highest one I could find only had a 57" lift height, I figure I need more than that for the deck frame to clear my wheel wells.

Thought I'd post up to see what everyone does to install/remove their deck when you don't have access to a hoist, skid steer, forklift, or like 3 or 4 friends. :)

haha, i literally wrestle mine off. One man job. I thought of the jacks, but they are couple grand right, not worth it.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Go under the trailer and jack unsecured decking up with a bottle jack?

I pick up 1000 lb grates with a long bar lever, wood blocks as a fulcrum. Then a flat shovel to keep it out of the grove to slide off. Could a eye bolt be fastened onto the old wood and link it to a bar using a fulcrum (block of wood) to make leverage?

Premium Features