• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP wants us our fix our sled and pay for it!!

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)
C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
I hope you guys can get em working because I would be the first in line to buy a 430lb 150+hp machine if it can keep the belt consumption in check.

I'm going to try one out this week so I am hoping for the best.

Did anyone with the 07's get a satisfactory fix? Is there anyone who was going through belts last year and isn't this year with the latest update?

Not trying to hijack this thread but if the 07 isn't working yet...

M

MontanaPowder

Nov 30, 2007
Kalispell
1. Heat Causes Belt Failure
2. Eliminate heat at correct end.
3. Slip Causes Heat
4. Hold hand on clutch and see where slip is.

Did above on 163xp
1. Front slipping
2. Added 12mm set screw
3. Added > 100 sq. inches of vent both sides
4. Tested and found clutch temps down by 1/2
5. 100 miles on belt in hard pulls with 2.5 Inch track no belt problems. Belt dust went down substantially.

VENT THE CLUTCHES. OR LISTEN TO THOSE WHO WANT A PROBLEM AND NOT A SOLUTION JUST DOO IT. LOTS OF VENTS. Gear down the 144 and 154. I run a 162*2.5 xp. HEAT IS CAUSING THE FAILURES!!!!!!!!!!

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Venat are good but it would be even better to PREVENT the heat in the first place.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Regear the 154 to either 19 or 20. Machine the secondary to allow for more adjustment. Add 12 gram pins. Once the belt stretches there is just way to much deflection and then you eat the belt. Remember the harder you ride (some are shirlys, LOL) the more you will go through belts in stock form. Then she will fly !

Last edited:
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Venat are good but it would be even better to PREVENT the heat in the first place.

The noise would probably not pass inspection, as well as some might find large mesh vents as being liable if someone were to slip and put the hand through one.....Im sure if the could they would or at the very least offer vent kits for sale at BRP's accessory book.

OT

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
Tip sled on side - 10 secs
Take off cover - 2 mins
back out tensioner - 30 secs
Yell at helper to come hold brake handle and curse out helper for taking so long - 15 secs
nuts on both gears and cotter pin - 1 min, 30 secs
chug beer - 30 secs
total - 4 mins, 55 seconds
Replace in same order

You forgot to mention R and R of the stock can. That takes as much time as the rest of the job.

Premium Features