• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

-16/17 What bike do you have set up as a Snowbike?

What bike do you have set up as a Snowbike?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
How bout you Rob??

The new Electric start 450 race bikes are looking nice to me.

This new Honda CRF450R... with the Electric start option kit from Honda... seems like a great snowbike base... and the spring forks... a big plus.
I like how the R, compared to the R-X, gets lighter weight parts.

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-gcfEFsos18?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2017-Honda-CRF450R-2.jpg

Last edited:

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Isn't it funny how a few years back when Timbersled had pretty much all husabergs everyone bought husaberg 501s now theres not one person in here that is riding a husaberg. People seem to look at the manufactures to see what bikes they run but when it comes down to it they are all good bikes now a days its just what you prefer.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Isn't it funny how a few years back when Timbersled had pretty much all husabergs everyone bought husaberg 501s now theres not one person in here that is riding a husaberg. People seem to look at the manufactures to see what bikes they run but when it comes down to it they are all good bikes now a days its just what you prefer.

Husaberg is now the Husky 501, and it's the 2nd most popular bike on the list.

P
Nov 30, 2013
Was not aware they had merged together, I was under the impression they were separate companies still. My bad.

Both owned by KTM and Berg is no longer from what i understand. I'm on a 15' 500EXE this year.

Anyone know of some good weather proof switches to replace the oem gear ?

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Both owned by KTM and Berg is no longer from what i understand. I'm on a 15' 500EXE this year.

Anyone know of some good weather proof switches to replace the oem gear ?

Yeah I knew Husky was owned by KTM, apparently they want to make it more of its own brand and it will be nicer/more options and such.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Yeah I knew Husky was owned by KTM, apparently they want to make it more of its own brand and it will be nicer/more options and such.

KTM owns Husky and Berg. in 14 you could buy all three, and they are all similar. in 15 they turned Bergs into Husky's and got rid of the berg name. Sad, but true. the main positive was the mediocre husky's of the 2000s (owned by BMW) were no longer.

1988-2014 RIP :brokenheart:

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Back in the day when this poll was originally ran and this snowbike forum was just getting going the most popular 450 bike by far was the KX450. KTM had the 500 market nailed down and Husaberg was for the dudes with the cash.

Then KTM overtook the 450 market with Yamaha trailing.

Now Husky owns it. Why? Because Husky is just so damn sexy. Yamaha should be a close second cause they have the jap bike to beat right now. Can't wait to see what that 17 CRF can do!

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Hey you all that has answered "You missed my combination so I will describe it". Describe the ones you have. I think we are plenty who are interested in hearing about the not so common setups!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features