• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hear when the 850's might start hitting dealerships?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I definitely wouldn't want to ride a shiny new sled before mid-November on a typical year. It can vary so much around here: I'd guess on a really good year you'd have a nice base the beginning of Nov, but I've also gone up the Beartooth pass from Red Lodge in late Dec and found little if any base at 9-10,000'. Still, I'd say there's no excuse for not having the Snowchecks delivered by November. It's not like Polaris is going to predict the weather. More important than that though: you're selling a premium product, and if lots of people end up waiting on theirs, they're going to wonder what they're spending their money on.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This time frame would make the most sense and should be what they shoot for. Anything after Nov 1 should be unacceptable when it comes to mountain sleds.

Year #1, they will be late.

Year #2 should be sooner.

But by year #3 you would think they have it fully dialed in and should be able to knock them out in short order for delivery.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I saw the computer screen.
Some will arrive in October.
The bulk will be delivered in Nov.
Some stragglers will come in early Dec.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I saw the computer screen.
Some will arrive in October.
The bulk will be delivered in Nov.
Some stragglers will come in early Dec.

I was shown the computer screen when I snowchecked my 2008 dragon. Started in Oct, then moved to Nov after Oct passed. Ended up getting it Dec 28th. I heard the 850's will be later in Dec. Mostly because Polaris is a couple months behind already with whatever they assemble before the sleds.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I was shown the computer screen when I snowchecked my 2008 dragon. Started in Oct, then moved to Nov after Oct passed. Ended up getting it Dec 28th. I heard the 850's will be later in Dec. Mostly because Polaris is a couple months behind already with whatever they assemble before the sleds.

December or later and they can keep it.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
If it ends up into January................I think they'll piss a lot of people off!

OhioMike1989

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2017
next level riding clinic has two 850’d already wrapped. there is no way it will be that late.. simma down child. they’ll get here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
next level riding clinic has two 850’d already wrapped. there is no way it will be that late.. simma down child. they’ll get here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.........one of Polaris' pro riders already has two new sleds, don't think that means much at all, after all who's always getting their sleds first?!?!? At any rate, yes I hope there not late and there really shouldn't be any reason for a delivery after the first of the year, but...........if it happens I can guarantee customers will be pissed!

Premium Features