• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YETI SNOW MX teaser shots

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
I checked with our dealers to know the actual TS MH price in Canada so that guys have actual pricing when comparing.

ST kit $5990.00
LT kit $6790.00
Fit Kit $400.00

Canada Taxes:
BC. 10%
AB. 5%
SK. 10%

Allen from Timbersled.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Those prices in Alberta work out to 7500 CDN. Can u post where i can get a kit for 6700 in Alberta ? Which dealer ? Thanks

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Is the sport crazy expensive for what you get, Absolutely ! Is the C3 crazy expensive compared to TS, not really. In Canada by the time you get a LT in your hands its 7500-8000 depending on who you get it from. Well 9000 isn't much more in the grand scheme of things. Do i want to pay more, not really, but if you want that T3 Summit 174 over the SP 163 its gonna cost LOL !

My 15 lt kit was 7500 as well including fit kit, in Canada came with gas can so seeing 9-10 for a yeti I suspect apples to apples the yeti would be 9500. Would I spend 2k more if it worked and weighed 25lbs less I don't know, probably not the first year. All this stuff is expensive no question if you go new and latest greatest, pretty easy to be 20k+ in a snowbike.

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Chris, I will look into that for you and let you know. I looked at that in BC and SK. All dealer there sell for the same prices.
These kits will remain expensive until they are made in a much higher quantity and on a factory style assembly line. They will get there sooner then not. The sport is very compelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
...We shouldn't compare prices on these two products.

One is made from the same stuff they build billion dollar fighter planes from and one isn't. They will both find their place in the market and thats that. One doesn't goto a Ferrari dealership and complain the cost of automobile transportation is too high, and yet here we have a Ferrari for a fraction of what the actual price difference should be, and the price step is very reasonable for what you get. IMO.

I have ridden the Yeti.

This product is so far advanced for the extra $$ its crazy. The ski itself is a home run alone as it such an improvement in every area everyone will want one, same goes for the track design. Then the rest, carbonfiber tunnel, belt drive, Carbonfiber spindle that pivots, concentric chain tensioner etc and super skid.

Everyone knows how important saving weight is on these bikes, losing 20lbs on a bike is like losing 40lbs on sled. ...the Yeti is far more than "just lighter"

cheers and safe riding:face-icon-small-coo

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
...We shouldn't compare prices on these two products.

One is made from the same stuff they build billion dollar fighter planes from and one isn't. They will both find their place in the market and thats that. One doesn't goto a Ferrari dealership and complain the cost of automobile transportation is too high, and yet here we have a Ferrari for a fraction of what the actual price difference should be, and the price step is very reasonable for what you get. IMO.

I have ridden the Yeti.

This product is so far advanced for the extra $$ its crazy. The ski itself is a home run alone as it such an improvement in every area everyone will want one, same goes for the track design. Then the rest, carbonfiber tunnel, belt drive, Carbonfiber spindle that pivots, concentric chain tensioner etc and super skid.

Everyone knows how important saving weight is on these bikes, losing 20lbs on a bike is like losing 40lbs on sled. ...the Yeti is far more than "just lighter"

cheers and safe riding:face-icon-small-coo

Lol, question is how many people can afford a Ferrari vs a Chevy.

Probably won't matter though how many yetis can they make for next year? I bet it's pretty limited.

Last edited:
I
Dec 5, 2007
Do you not have to pay those taxes if you buy a C3? Will you have to buy a fit kit with the C3? Why not just compare the retail cost of the kit if you are trying to do an apples to apples comparison. Looks like the kit retail is $9k- $6k= $3k more for the C3 when comparing the base models. Go ahead and justify away but doesn't change the fact that there is a ~33% premium for the C3. On the other hand the current exchange rate makes it slightly more palatable for those of us south of the border.

Either way, kit looks great (and yes, I want one too) and competition will benefit the end user. I would just like to see someone come out with a more budget friendly kit.

On the plus side, if paying close to $20k for a new bike and kit is the new normal, maybe the OEMs will get involved if they have that kind of ceiling to play with.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I agree. Competition is good. Both kits are in the market. Remember the old days when 2 moto and others were in season. They were much cheaper if memory serves me correctly. Albertans pay a premium for stuff in oil central. Its not worth rather what the market will bear, pisses me off !

In a few years a mfg will most likely enter this deal and offer something else. What will the price be ? I can tell you if the prices get to much higher people will quit. And with a secondary recession looming and interest rates possibly going up toys, Timbersleds and kids activities will be the first to go.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Some people love carbon fiber, others hate it. I don't fall into the love category.

However, I do want to ride one and see and feel how it works better first hand.

Jon

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
We appreciate and understand the price discussions, until someone gets the volume high enough as Allan mentioned it will be hard to get prices down.

Suppliers hardly even want to talk to you at 250 units of production ( we have learned this in the past year) it is barely a small prototype run. At 1000 pcs, it is only the start. You would need to be 5000 pieces plus to get into a good discount that would help you pass that onto your customers, thus lowing the final price.

To put that into perspective if your kit was $7500 x 5000 pcs = $37.5 million. It would be a big gamble for even a OEM at this point. But there will be a time in the near future that someone will take that risk.

Until then we will tweak our best to build a kit that has value for the dollar. At C3 we build the Carbon Fibre Rev chassis. It is $12,000 just for the carbon chassis and integrated fuel tank. The CAD time in that part and time to lay up and trim is unbelievable, but it also saves you 75 lbs for that $13,000 = $160 per pound weight savings cost, (that is chassis only with running boards, you assemble the rest). There are many people who cannot wait to get one.

The YETI follows along that line, each bolt on the kit is Titanium, the initial purchase of 30,000 titanium bolts that add value to our kit. Just the Titanium bolts on our kit all 104 of them would add up to $1500 retail on the YETI alone, never mind the Titanium front suspension arm, and that is just part of the goods we will unleash....

Our goal was 50 pounds lighter than the current mark...
right now it is a final price balance, Ti everything super high end, with Ti shafts, bolts, Ti a-arms, Ti suspension plates, Ti bumper, carbon chassis, carbon rails, FOX float 3 revo r's etc....a price balance VS weight...

Even if we got to 40lbs plus weight savings, how much better would you bike feel? Would it feel much more like a bike? How much better would it float? How much easier would it be to manage? How close would it come to your buddies turbo bike? When would it start to trench vs your buddie? If you could justify a bike that flat out rips with out a turbo, how much easier would it be just to have one bike and actually convert it back in the summer?

I could tell you, but I would have to kill you....lol...

The weight savings is way past the 20 pound speculators.
It will be 40+pounds weight savings, but we deciding the final number now.
40 pounds weight savings on a single cylinder is a lot of performance gained.

C3 Powersports
YETI Snow MX.

M
Jan 14, 2004
If I remember correctly, big if, 7lbs of weight loss yields the equivalent of 1 hp gain. Obviously there will be other efficiency gains as well.

Don't quote me on that, LOL.

M5

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2012
A quick comment on the Yeti pricing. The amount of effort that has gone into designing, sourcing materials, fabricating, assembling, testing etc.. into these kits is over the top. I can say with complete certainty this endeavour is driven by passion and not money. To date, I'm certain the C3 team have been working for substantially less than minimum wage, while taking on large financial risks. I'd suspect that until recently this has been similar for the TS guys.

Full disclosure, I'm friends with one of the C3 principals but have no other relationship with the C3 gang. Also, I have a 2015 TS MH in my garage.

T

timberslug

Banned
Jan 6, 2015
OHHHH BOY............Honey!! How do I forward this link to timbersled? they will be interested to have look at this C3 thingamagig. Pretty sure its an copy infringement in here somewhere. Yeti? Hummm....there is a funky snowboard thingy out there called a yeti as well. That's a double shot. Forwarding......now...and......sending pics of it from bikeshow......... there we go...time to make some popcorn. lol

Last edited:

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
OHHHH BOY............Honey!! How do I forward this link to timbersled? they will be interested to have look at this C3 thingamagig. Pretty sure its an copy infringement in here somewhere. Yeti? Hummm....there is a funky snowboard thingy out there called a yeti as well. That's a double shot. Forwarding......now...and......sending pics of it from bikeshow......... there we go...time to make some popcorn. lol

You know Allen from Timbersled already commented on this thread?

Premium Features