• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2017/18 Snowbike boots

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I know it's been discussed in the past, but is there any new 'great boot' out there for snowbike? Warmth , ankle protection, low toe profile , et?

I have the Klim GTX boots now..the MotorFist Alpha's look interesting..anyone use these or compare?

The HMK double Boa is the bomb, In two years never any moisture Very warm and soles looking good so far, slightly chewed but not shot.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Look gym boas work great for me. I can shift just fine. Always warm and waterproof. I did slip off the peg once and banged my shin above the boot. It would be nice if they came up a little higher but it was more rider error than boot problem.

B
I got a pair of the RevIt Discovery boots: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-discovery-outdry-boots -to ride the trails this past summer and they are awesome boots. Waterproof, easy on and easy off with the BOA system. I have had several mishaps with wiping out and have not had my feet/ankles or lower leg hurt at all.

My feet run hot so I have a good feeling that they will work in the snow, especially with the over the boot Alpinestars Andes waterproof pants. It is nice having one set of gear for both snow and dirt.

T
Nov 24, 2016
Bremerton, WA
I have a pair of motorfist stomper 2.0's. I wore them one time last year and blew a hole in the side of them when kick starting my bike and it kicked back on me and caught the side of the boot. Bummer. They were awesome up until that point. They're just not a tough enough material to withstand something like that. If I had e start they'd be sweet.

Scrubs

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2010
Alberta
I ran Motorfist Alpha's last year sledding and riding dirtbike w/ studded tires. They have a nice compact toe design that makes shifting gears easy. The rubber is a bit soft, showing some wear but no holes of rips. Bike was a kicker (CR250) with no winter mods at all. Wore regular dirt bike shin/knee guards and felt decently protected riding trees. Not the same stiff ankle like snowboard boots. Felt good right out of the box and always had dry feet.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
4 years on klim boosts kicking a kx500 and they are still working. Blew apart 3 pairs of motorfists in about a day each.

Not sure why people are still shocked about fit kits. Some things you can just rely on. Timbersled is a shoddy organization, don't buy the first year of a new summit chassis, pretty much every snowbike discussion, that one snowhawk guy chimes in about how great they are ... I thought these were just all common knowledge by now.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Motorfist alpha’s fall apart sledding.
I can’t imagine kickstarting with them.

Klim boas is what i ran last year.
No issues. 80% sled 20% bike. (Kick only)

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
4 years on klim boosts kicking a kx500 and they are still working. Blew apart 3 pairs of motorfists in about a day each.

Not sure why people are still shocked about fit kits. Some things you can just rely on. Timbersled is a shoddy organization, don't buy the first year of a new summit chassis, pretty much every snowbike discussion, that one snowhawk guy chimes in about how great they are ... I thought these were just all common knowledge by now.

Truths ^^^^^^

J
May 24, 2017
I contacted KLIM, Motorfist, HMK, and FXR just a few weeks ago and not a single company is making snowbike specific boots. For reals these companies need to get it done! They all had recommendations though! I blew through my FXRs in a few riding days. I've heard of similar issues with the other brands. Also, I'd like to get a little more protection than what these boots offer.

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
How are the Klim Adrenaline BOAs working for kick starting? Also how is the toe for shifting? Do they stay dry and warm on the long days in deep snow? I have blown holes in multiple snowmobile boots including FXR. FXR toe was to large for shifting. Looking for a good boot before this winter. Sounds like Motofist doesn't hold up to kick starting either.

V
Sep 14, 2017
Kent, Washington
I picked up the Klim adrenaline boa's last weekend. Haven't tried them yet but it sounds like they get the job done pretty well. I have an electronic start though so I won't be having to kick start much, hopefully that will keep down the wear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

S
Feb 9, 2017
I use motorfist stompers. Good stiff sole yet warm and waterproof.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mot...AUIEygC&biw=375&bih=553#imgrc=zOTcDpVdx2ND1M:
I had a pair of the original stomper boots before I started snow biking and ended up buying the stomper II boots again because they are a well built boot with stiffer soles and a thinner toe than any other quality snowmobile boot I could find.

And yes I've been kicking for two years straight riding at least every weekend with these and I haven't torn through them.

My biggest complaint is the tall heel.. might see if I can make the sole more flat

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I had a pair of the original stomper boots before I started snow biking and ended up buying the stomper II boots again because they are a well built boot with stiffer soles and a thinner toe than any other quality snowmobile boot I could find.

And yes I've been kicking for two years straight riding at least every weekend with these and I haven't torn through them.

My biggest complaint is the tall heel.. might see if I can make the sole more flat

That blows me away. It wasn’t just my right boot with a hole in it from kicking, it was both boots. Plus the soles were completely worn thru and leaking. One season. Should have taken some photos before i chucked them. My klim adrenilines definitely show some wear but they held up a hundred times better. If i can get another 90 hr season out of them i will consider it money well spent. Hopefully by next year we will have a more “moto” inspired option.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I blew out the seam on my Klim adrenaline boots in one day of kicking. They were 7 year old boots and I am a bike noob. I had bruises on my foot so pretty safe to say it's not the boots fault.

Given the popularity of snow biking you would think someone will recognize the market fairly soon

Last edited:

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Going with the Forma Terra. Waterproof. Reasonable price. Need something close to a moto boot

https://www.atomic-moto.com/products/forma-terra-boots

Good choice, I've enjoyed mine so far. Get a little cold standing around in the snow but when I'm moving and riding they are fine. Much like a moto boot for support as well. Just a tip if you have adventure pegs leave a few of the pegs out of the last holes on the kick side. I've got a few nicks in mine but no tears.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
Going with the Forma Terra. Waterproof. Reasonable price. Need something close to a moto boot

https://www.atomic-moto.com/products/forma-terra-boots

thank you!!! this is what my wife needs (and lots of smaller feet men, women, and kids, will benefit from these). it is one of the only boots available that can go to size 38 us mens 5, womens 6.5 to 7.

I will probable go with a Astars corazal or gaerne sg10, 11, 12. I will order a size up, so I can add thicker socks, and heated thermacell insole.

rep sent your way, thanks again!!! ski

Premium Features