• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Rasmussen boards

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
So I purchased a set of these running boards this fall. I'm a little hesitant to install them still. Any tips or suggestions on how to get it done easily for those who have installed a set before. Im nervous about cutting my sled up and dont want to make any mistakes. I have installed better boards before. But these are a bit more involved. It seems like the plastic grippers can be replaced by some metal screws for better traction. Any advice is welcome.

T
Oct 23, 2016
I installed a set on my sled last year and love em. Best mod I've done so far. It isn't too difficult just read the directions through a couple times and don't cut anything that doesn't need to be cut! I left a little extra material where I could and trimmed more off as I went. It is a little freaky taking a cut-off wheel to your beautiful machine!
As for traction screws, I don't think they'll work in the crossbars. From what I remember, the crossbars are thinner walled material and wont hold a screw...hence the rivets and plastic traction.
Good luck!

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
So I purchased a set of these running boards this fall. I'm a little hesitant to install them still. Any tips or suggestions on how to get it done easily for those who have installed a set before. Im nervous about cutting my sled up and dont want to make any mistakes. I have installed better boards before. But these are a bit more involved. It seems like the plastic grippers can be replaced by some metal screws for better traction. Any advice is welcome.

Have you watched Sled Solutions YouTube video on the install, he does a install on a renegade and I found it very helpful. The only difference with the Rasmussen boards is you will cut more material off up in the toe area. Just take your time use lots of clamps, as he shows in the video.
The plastic traction cleats work great and have good traction. I used traction cleats and screws on my outside rail. The boards do make a difference imo, in regards to sidehill maneuvers and clearing snow.
7b3cd8857ed35f4550c41a6051094f49.jpg

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Have you watched Sled Solutions YouTube video on the install, he does a install on a renegade and I found it very helpful. The only difference with the Rasmussen boards is you will cut more material off up in the toe area. Just take your time use lots of clamps, as he shows in the video.

Thanks for the heads up on the video. It still looks like alot of figuring things out. Guess that is what skinz products usually are all about from my experiences. If anyone has any more tips or photos it would be appreciated.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Easy to install. I thought their vent were really cheesy plus they tore right away. I notched the stock plastic pieces and put them back on.

Premium Features