• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keeping goggles free of fog!

I

ikold

Dec 2, 2007
Can't seem to keep my goggles from fogging. I wear perscription goggles. Bought the fancy smith with the fan in them, but doesn't work worth a damn.

Anyone know of good coatings etc? My Klim helmet I thought would help with keeping air away from the goggles, but it doesn't.

Any thoughts?

I was riding blind today.

S
Mar 12, 2008
Hermiston OR
The Scott no fog wipes and cleaning cloth work. And as bad as it sounds the stuff called (cat crap anti fog) works the best. U can find it at most ski/snowboard stores. REI is where i got all my anti fog stuff. :)

I

ikold

Dec 2, 2007
Scott cloth does not seem to be working will get some cat crap this morning.
Have been riding in deep snow and it keeps snowing. Have been riding blind the last few days because my goggles keep fogging and when you stop your stuck!

Thanks

J

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
Go pro-vue's snow goggle page and click on the "about fog" button. There are some of the best tips on how to keep your goggles from fogging up on that page. I also stick my upper lip out, suck my lower lip back and blow my breath out the bottom of my helmet, I do this almost all the time.

http://www.pro-vue.com/fog.html

Last edited:
C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
Honestly guys Ive tried everything to keep this from happening and have found that the only method that works for me is to make sure they seal good on my face and take them off as little as possible. When I do take them off I put them inside my jacket or under the hood of my sled to keep them warm. Works for me

S
Jan 19, 2009
Wausau Wisconsin
Can't seem to keep my goggles from fogging. I wear perscription goggles. Bought the fancy smith with the fan in them, but doesn't work worth a damn.

Anyone know of good coatings etc? My Klim helmet I thought would help with keeping air away from the goggles, but it doesn't.

Any thoughts?

I was riding blind today.

I have some questions for you
Was the fan on all the time?
Are the lens mounted in your goggles?
do you have the bottom of the goggles taped off?
My glasses will normally clear when I get some air on them.
I'm been doing some review and was going to buy a fan from habervison to keep my glasses clear. Now I'm not sure
I'm currently using Scott 87otg's with the bottom of the goggles taped to not allow hot warm air from my breath to fog them up

P

PowderDude

I haven't had much luck keeping goggles from fogging, tried just about everything. Like Champyfz450 said, take them off as little as possible, that has worked well for me. I have the goggle bag that attaches under the hood of my m8 and carry an extra pair, as soon as my goggles fog, I switch with the dry ones under the hood, now I always have warm dry goggles...

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I'm just the opposite of a couple people here...I have the best luck when I release my goggles (quick straps) immediately upon stopping. They don't fog on me while I'm running due to airflow through the goggles, but at a stop my breath will fog them unless I release them and let them hang off to the side. That's worked for me for years. I did start using a No-Fog mask this year and with my Scott's I can actually leave my goggles on at a stop or even when I'm digging my sled out :rolleyes: but I can't do that with my 509's- I have to take them off even with a No-Fog on. They seem more prone to fogging than my Scott's.

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
Really? How does that work? About the only thing I've gotten to work is cat crap.
The cat I ride with got me to use this. I was trying all sorts of anti-fog sprays. One morning he hands me a can of shaving creme and tells me to spray it on my lens and says it works for him. Well it's the best thing we've found yet >>>>.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Here is what I use. It works great!!! Permatex Plastic Cleaner

Cleans most plastics, without scratching. Removes grease, stains and dirt. Forms a water-repellent, anti-static shield which resists fogging.

DisplayImage.jpg

http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...ic_Cleaner.htm

R
Oct 3, 2008
Eureka, Montana
I'm just the opposite of a couple people here...I have the best luck when I release my goggles (quick straps) immediately upon stopping. They don't fog on me while I'm running due to airflow through the goggles, but at a stop my breath will fog them unless I release them and let them hang off to the side. That's worked for me for years. I did start using a No-Fog mask this year and with my Scott's I can actually leave my goggles on at a stop or even when I'm digging my sled out :rolleyes: but I can't do that with my 509's- I have to take them off even with a No-Fog on. They seem more prone to fogging than my Scott's.

This works best for me too. Get some quick straps and take them off when ever you come to a stop. I don't like to put them under the hood either because it causes the snow and ice to melt and then the moisture will cause them to fogg easier.

stoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Golden Valley MN
Habervsion Eliminators worked for me too. Last year i would have to swap out lenses and bring a couple extra pair in my pack and spent too much time either trying to look out of one side of the googles or trying to thaw them out. Added the Eliminator and i dont even take them off when i stop anymore. I also switched to 509 googles this year.

S
Nov 30, 2007
The cat I ride with got me to use this. I was trying all sorts of anti-fog sprays. One morning he hands me a can of shaving creme and tells me to spray it on my lens and says it works for him. Well it's the best thing we've found yet >>>>.

OK, give up the specs! Is it the old school barbersol stuff or the newer gel stuff??

Premium Features