• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hear when the 850's might start hitting dealerships?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I saw the computer screen.
Some will arrive in October.
The bulk will be delivered in Nov.
Some stragglers will come in early Dec.
As of right now, this is the accurate answer

Every year we start bugging people to pick up snow checks late sept and through October, and every year there are a couple early birds who respond, and the majority picks up through November with a few stragglers in Dec. so this will be fine, even tho it is later than the past few years.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Screw that. I need a new sled and I am not going to miss a month of riding waiting just cause I wanted an RMK 850. If it's coming that late (assuming we have snow), I'll either sacrifice my deposit or just sell the preorder to someone else at cost who wants to wait. That's shady BS by Polaris. When have they ever delivered that late before? If they knew it was going to be that late it should've been disclosed.

B!tch B!tch B!tch B!tch! You'll B!tch even more and blame it on Polaris when you break something in November by hitting landmines.

First world problems simply amaze me.

Last edited:
N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
B!tch B!tch B!tch B!tch! You'll B!tch even more and blame it on Polaris when you break something in November by hitting landmines.

First world problems simply amaze me.

Yea, what kind of assh*le complains when he spends $14k on something and can't use it for half the season because the seller/manufacturer is late?!?!

OTOH, it's definitely not the same kind of ass*hole who blames the manufacturer for breaking something when they ride in early season conditions.

The former ass*hole who "b!tches" about late delivery rides conservatively in early season conditions and has never blamed a manufacturer for impact related break-downs. However, he might cancel his 2019 order and wait for a 2020 or buy an Alpha Cat instead if he's otherwise going to miss the opportunity to ride a 2019 850 for a good chunk of the season. Even in the worst seasons we are riding in November.

Stop drinking the polaris koolaid. In the real world, late delivery means something to consumers, especially when they are paying a lot of money to (not) use it.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
How is November delivery, or early December even remotely missing "half the season"? Season is typically November till May? Seems like a bunch of drama llhama to me.

Later-than-ideal delivery happens all the time on new models with cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, mountain bikes, you name it. It's not like the manufacturer is doing it to PO people...it just happens and there's nothing anyone can do

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
How is November delivery, or early December even remotely missing "half the season"? Season is typically November till May? Seems like a bunch of drama llhama to me.

Later-than-ideal delivery happens all the time on new models with cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, mountain bikes, you name it. It's not like the manufacturer is doing it to PO people...it just happens and there's nothing anyone can do

Some people are now speculating December/January. It could be three months of missed riding. It's not drama. Just business. For those of us who need new sleds, the prospect of sitting out a big chunk of the season could reasonably lead to a cancelled order and buying something else. I agree that it's all a little premature at this point, and I'm happy to wait in the meantime. It's not like anyone is going to cancel an order today, but I'm sure if December rolls around and deliveries haven't been made it will be a different story. I think all of us that snow-checked are eager to get sleds and hopeful that those with better info are correct re October/November delivery.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I had 7 rides in last November, and when/if I hit something it's my problem.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Some people are now speculating December/January. It could be three months of missed riding. It's not drama. Just business. For those of us who need new sleds, the prospect of sitting out a big chunk of the season could reasonably lead to a cancelled order and buying something else. I agree that it's all a little premature at this point, and I'm happy to wait in the meantime. It's not like anyone is going to cancel an order today, but I'm sure if December rolls around and deliveries haven't been made it will be a different story. I think all of us that snow-checked are eager to get sleds and hopeful that those with better info are correct re October/November delivery.
I can see the order screen first hand, and mine doesn't show any 850's shipping in Dec or Jan....so that speculation seems unfounded at this point (to me). I would guess Polaris wants to sell them as bad as people want to buy them and then some!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Snow usually starts falling in September, sticking in October.
I may ride in October this yr....? Not likely but very possible.
December is a pretty late start.. JS

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I can see the order screen first hand, and mine doesn't show any 850's shipping in Dec or Jan....so that speculation seems unfounded at this point (to me). I would guess Polaris wants to sell them as bad as people want to buy them and then some!

You gotta quit feeding the trolls jay. ?

It’s the same entitlement mentality that produces (and feeds) alarmist fake outrage news around the world.
Same thread every year.
Same empty threats.

Nothing ever comes of it......

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Some people are now speculating December/January. For those of us who need new sleds,

“Some people are speculating”, you’re one of those guys that believe everything they hear or see on the forum. BTW, for 2020 Polaris is going to have a twin turbo factory warranty 198 track on their 879cc RMK in a brand new chassis, saw Chris Burandt had it on his Facebook page. Go spread those words buddy cause you just saw it on the FORUM!

I could be wrong, but why would they have ALL in-season models delivered to dealers before some of the snowchecks (850) arrive!

“Those of us that NEED new sleds”, rolling my eyes, I’ll let someone else have fun with this comment, I’ve said enough.

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
“Some people are speculating”, you’re one of those guys that believe everything they hear or see on the forum. BTW, for 2020 Polaris is going to have a twin turbo factory warranty 198 track on their 879cc RMK in a brand new chassis, saw Chris Burandt had it on his Facebook page. Go spread those words buddy cause you just saw it on the FORUM!

I could be wrong, but why would they have ALL in-season models delivered to dealers before some of the snowchecks (850) arrive!

“Those of us that NEED new sleds”, rolling my eyes, I’ll let someone else have fun with this comment, I’ve said enough.

Lots of assumptions in there but whatever makes you feel better. And yes, some of us sell their snowmobiles during the off-season and can't ride again until they buy another (or in this case, until it's delivered)... Believe it or not, you actually need to have a snowmobile in order to go snowmobiling.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If any manufacturer could meet a desired delivery request (for snow check sleds only) they would look good in my eyes. Is this possible? I don't know but for guys who want their sleds, (like me) to display in a snow show it sure would be to the manufacturer's benefit. Maybe it would mess up production lines but really to move these to the front of the line?? This is all about superior customer service making the customer feel special, after all, there are little other benefits to snow checking.

Are you listening Polaris?

Last edited:

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Checked Alaska Dealer's on line Polaris queue yesterday. 800/155 LE 's ship 9/14. No model with the 840 had a specific ship date, they just said November. Easily could be December up here before they arrive. I have ridden 4 feet of fresh here in November, so........ maybe it doesn't happen that way this season. If it does I can understand the frustration. Our season generally starts earlier and ends later than most. Not all shoes are the same size ladies and gents!!!:face-icon-small-coo

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I see Cannon posted they are getting snowchecks in. Doesn’t look to be 850s. My dealer said late Oct/early Nov on the 850s.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I see Cannon posted they are getting snowchecks in. Doesn’t look to be 850s. My dealer said late Oct/early Nov on the 850s.

2883d192260936a6852b24922b159fc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features