• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track driver option?

W
Sep 26, 2014
I posted last winter about having impact with a rock hitting and denting my cooler.. ran it the rest of the season.. no issues ..this summer I was going thru it and checking stuff out and I found my track driver has damage.. so it looks like I need to fix it ..replace the driver (on pto side.) ? replace it with a stock 8 tooth or .. .. go 7 tooth? ..sled is a 2015 m8000153 2.6 powerclaw stock track, gearing with ssi low elevation clutch kit.... 7 tooth lowers gearing.. create more track clearance/better snow excavation? Pros cons ?

W
Sep 26, 2014
I have done some searches and wasn't sure if there was any benefit...I know the cheep root is to order a new cogg and get some one to remove and press a new one one...just making sure before i do it and be sure that there aren't any other options that may be better than the current set up.

W
Sep 26, 2014
is is cheaper to buy one cogg/driver ..bring it to have the damaged one removed and new one pressed on? vs buy a whole shaft /set up? I see some on ebay for 140 to 170 ish. my shaft is fine only of the drivers is damaged.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Price of the driver and 75.00 shop time at best. Your time running it around versus just pull and replace. You do the math

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
If the impact was enough to damage both the driver and the cooler I would make sure the shaft didn't get a slight bend in it. Otherwise 8 tooth for sure. The 7 tooth fitted to 2016 and 17 non MC models with 3 inch tracks definitely saps some performance.

Premium Features