• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

300 intake for snow

N

nwbcr

Mar 20, 2013
I have a 17 300 xcw and I'm looking for info on what air intake/filter system people are using for the snow.

A

arctic@1m

Apr 3, 2009
I used the timbersled intake on my 300 XC last year. Worked well. You'll also need an Avid carb heater, SX CDI, Pro Circuit Pipe and cut head. They rip!
I've got an extra set-up if needed.

jaredXwoodsman

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2011
Deerfield, NH
Sorry to reply to this post so late I kept forgetting to.

I ran the stock intake that KTM provided with my TSS kit on my 2016 300 for only a couple rides. After noticing how snow covered my stock setup was getting I opted to run the Timbersled filter pod but on a 45> HPS silicone hose instead. I had to cut it down to work right. But it tucks slightly into the air box and doesn't get covered with snow.

HPS info:
HPS High Temp 2.5" > 3" ID 4-ply Reinforced Silicone 45 Degree Elbow Reducer Hose Blue (63mm > 76mm ID)
Item #HTSER45-250-300-BLUE

They also carry this hose in black.

2zom7uu.jpg

334m7ts.jpg

abjaqd.jpg

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
To cover the track like Yeti or camso helps a bunch as well time for TS and the rest too figure out that no one needs or likes a wet butt and air filters covered in snow. Just for the lack of a cover over the track--oh forgot they want to sell you new Klim gear to keep your *** dry:face-icon-small-win

That said I always run pod filters like that to avoid issues.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
To cover the track like Yeti or camso helps a bunch as well time for TS and the rest too figure out that no one needs or likes a wet butt and air filters covered in snow. Just for the lack of a cover over the track--oh forgot they want to sell you new Klim gear to keep your *** dry:face-icon-small-win

That said I always run pod filters like that to avoid issues.

Here is an easy way to do that.

784b1ba0116deb20c507d4e76f712528.jpg

My pod filter is in the front though. :)

Premium Features