• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pto crank seal

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I sent my 16 rmk to the dealer for worn engine mount replacments, after primary clutch removal they noticed oil on the crank seal guard, was told by dealer that it was advised to remove the plate and inspect the seal for damage and if so, than crank replacement will be done. My motor mounts were shot and ive been feeling lots of vibration in my bars so perhaps my crank is the culprit for this.
Ill keep ya posted on my dealer progress.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Just a thought? Would a badly balanced primary clutch cause this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Just a thought? Would a badly balanced primary clutch cause this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I thought the same, also with bad motor mounts it could make viberation worse. I haven't herd any neg info on these cranks so it be interesting to know what caused the seal failure. I did notice, after motor mounts were done the bars were much smoother.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Could be bad seals.
I lost crank seal twice on my Pro in 2200 miles.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
sled is under warranty, so I'm good with Polaris doing what ever they choose to do. Its goin in Tuesday for its surgery, perhaps its gonna need new lungs as well lol:face-icon-small-ton

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
I would definitely check crank shaft run out, if its out that will help your warranty claim towards getting a new motor.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I would definitely check crank shaft run out, if its out that will help your warranty claim towards getting a new motor.

My dealer is really good, hes gonna look for any minutie reason to replace parts and i was basicly told , when the dust settles , i could be a new motor.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Just curious... You started this post 10 days ago and stated the sled was already at the dealer. Did it really take that long just to get approval from Polaris to take the engine apart?

At this rate you will be lucky to have your sled back mid January.

Good thing we can ride these things year round :)

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Just curious... You started this post 10 days ago and stated the sled was already at the dealer. Did it really take that long just to get approval from Polaris to take the engine apart?

At this rate you will be lucky to have your sled back mid January.

Good thing we can ride these things year round :)

The oil leak was detected while they were doin my engine mounts, i had some rides planned so they delivered it back to me, we than set up a date for the sled to go back and that was monday. Today pol authorized the repair and will prob be in the shop for a week , pending parts availability. These guys have been super good to me.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
The oil leak was detected while they were doin my engine mounts, i had some rides planned so they delivered it back to me, we than set up a date for the sled to go back and that was monday. Today pol authorized the repair and will prob be in the shop for a week , pending parts availability. These guys have been super good to me.

My dealer has done the same for me in the past letting me go ride the sled being it was somewhat rideable and waiting on warranty approval.

Premium Features