• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Metallica enters Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame!

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
It's obvious that the opinions are based on how hard Metallica is now. They were really hard back before Black and have changed. However, not many hard bands have made it. Don't tell me some really hard bands have made it when they have a portion of the fans of Metallica. That is a pretty good sign they have made it.

What? Please explain. Here is some Megadeath lovers site: www.megadeath.com. Go vote for your pick of all time favorite band and see who is getting the most votes (on a Megadeath website no less!).

By the way, I didn't give you the bad rep. I would leave my name and I've never given bad rep before anyway. Rep is gay.

I usually change the channel when that happens.
Their band name is Megadeth. Not Megadeath. That website doesn't say anywhere it's a fanboy website about the band.. it has a similar, misspelled name. Now go do some more research to try and prove that because Metallica is more popular that automatically makes them better.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Their band name is Megadeth. Not Megadeath. That website doesn't say anywhere it's a fanboy website about the band.. it has a similar, misspelled name. Now go do some more research to try and prove that because Metallica is more popular that automatically makes them better.

I know how to spell their name, I was referring to some fanboys website. I didn't say that Metallica's popularity made them better. You came into the thread attacking them. Instead of saying they were alright or good for them, you pulled your "I love Megadeth" routine.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
This is not a frickin d!ck measuring contest about who's band is "more popular".

I just thought I'd throw out there that these guys got into The Hall.
Yeah, they've clearly lost a few steps, and there's some goofy history with them - but the early material is pretty damn good IMHO.

MD.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
I know how to spell their name, I was referring to some fanboys website. I didn't say that Metallica's popularity made them better. You came into the thread attacking them. Instead of saying they were alright or good for them, you pulled your "I love Megadeth" routine.

If you knew how to spell their name you wouldn't have spelled it Megadeath like 5 times in your other posts.

You made it seem (to me) by posting that fanboy site that has a "which band is best" with Metallica #1 that you were implying that..

and I didn't come and attack them, I stated my opinion in post #4 of this thread. "
Meh.. Metallica is so overrated now it's ridiculous. They haven't made a decent album since ..And Justice for All.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Well, little bro and I saw Metallica in Cleveland, Ohio tonight before a packed house at Quicken Loans Arena - and they definitely DID NOT SUCK. Awesome show! They've still got it!!!

MD.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
land mine has taken my sight, taken my speech, taken my hearing, taken my arms, taken my legs, taken my soul, left me with life in hell...

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
To bad that Dave Mustang had such an ego back in the day, maybe the others would not have sent him packing like they did. I think the experience humbled him though. Would have to agree though that all Metallica's best stuff was everything before the black album. Death Magnetic is the closest thing to returning to their roots that they have done for years. I also have all Megadeths albums up to Symphony of Destruction. (Peace Sells But Who's Buying, So Far So Good So What etc.) After that there has only been a few tunes that grab my attention.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
6927_153700789529_512174529_2492755_8290989_n.jpg

6927_153700719529_512174529_2492754_1330461_n.jpg

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Been a fan of their's for a long time. Their old stuff is the only music worth a chit. Pantera, megadeth, and old metallica are my three best bets to get the blood flowing.

They deserve to be in the hall of fame (even though the new music isn't very good) just for the reason they are still together.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Metallica is a super imposed band with way too much ego. I have seen them in concert and was not impressed and I would no way in he!! pay the astronomical price for their impending show. The show is in December and the tics went on sale 4/4/09 - 8 months PUHLEEEAZE! Talk about ego.

Further, I think Pantera could kick the socks off of Met-lick-a or Mother Metallica (as I call them).

My .02 . . .

i'm with kiliki"
But I do like some of there songs. Metallica is a good hard rock band, but not worth the price,

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Monsters of Rock tour.

Went to the Seattle show in 1992, Guns n Roses opened, I can still hear, is it Lars, "How the f*&^ are you Seattle" in the old King Dome.

Oh damn they want me to get back to my area, see ya lazy Couch riders!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features