• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Estart for the Alpha1

J
Jan 7, 2016
Coming form a Yamaha Viper I've really gotten used to the turn the key and go. I don't mind the pull rope, but would really like electric start. Any one herd if there a add on kit? I cant seem t find on in the accessories catalog.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
On the cat site Alpha spec list, it states e-start is an accessory.
I am sure the dealer can install it.

Alpha ......

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Has anyone confirmed that the Alpha is not available with Estart? Even from a spring order?

The problem with the Proclimb estart set up is the the non estart sleds come with a short tank and short seat, the estart sleds have a long tank and long seat(battery is mounted under the seat) so do to an electric start upgrade on a non-estart sled, you need to swap gas tank & seat, along with the clutch ring and the rest of the kit. Big PITA

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
That's the way to do it. Like the short seat and weight savings that come with it. Seems silly to have a different seat and tank just for estart, Cat engineers must be sleeping ;)

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
That's the way to do it. Like the short seat and weight savings that come with it. Seems silly to have a different seat and tank just for estart, Cat engineers must be sleeping ;)

Its the same seat and tank design they've had since 2012 when they were all the same: 2S, 4S, ES, non-ES. Probably figure it's easier and cheaper to just keep using it since people that have opt for the ES don't worry about weight as much.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I love the larger volume tank on the non-ES proclimb. On my 18’ I bough a non-ES and add it with a lithium battery under the hood. That’s what I’ll do on my 19’

Premium Features