• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin pipes

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Keith Curtis ran them on his improved stock 900 at Lost Trail Hill Climbs. There is a GoPro video. It sounded glorious!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This might be it....skip ahead to :58. Bluetooth this into your vehicle and crank it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqKd8NVmy4g&t=37s

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nqKd8NVmy4g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
I talked with the SLP rep at Jackson, he wouldn’t say but stated their old twin pipe set ups were a grand or more....so I would guess 1,500 ish.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
With the power band on this engine already nice and flat at the top, I'd be inclinded to believe these will be even LESS finicky than twin pipes of yester-year.

J
Jun 3, 2015

17hp
-6lbs

Only available for elevations 5000'+
Only available for RMK & SKS 155" models
1oz octane booster per gallon

Required:
SLP ECU Reflash
SLP Clutch Kit

Recommended:
SLP Intake Kit
SLP Torque arm
SLP Venting

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
$2200 for a full twin pipe setup, for a grand more you can get a Silber turbo that adds triple the HP of the twins.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Do you think its's only triple? I lost a lot of hair trying twin pipes. I hope they work.
For a 5-7psi pump gas kit that most run yes, you can obviously get more then that out of a turbo if you crank it up. But since the twins are pump gas I was trying to keep it as apples to apples as possible. It will be interesting to hear some reviews on the twins this winter, the ecu reflash should take all the tuning headaches away that most remember when thinking about twins of the past. Just not sure it's worth the price per hp for high elevation riding. I could see there being some interest for low elevation short track guys, supposedly they will be working on low elevation setups this winter.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turbos sucks, have yet to be around one that runs good day in and day out.

I think IF these run good they will be sweet. They'll sell a pile either way. I see the pipes themselves are $999. I sure we'll see someother tuning options by next season that will cheapen things up.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
At first glance I was sticker shocked, but look at other options. Pipe, can, clutch kit, tuner, add some venting and torque arm you won’t be too far off this price. No idea if it’s worth it or not , time will tell, they do look cool though!

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Turbos sucks, have yet to be around one that runs good day in and day out.

I think IF these run good they will be sweet. They'll sell a pile either way. I see the pipes themselves are $999. I sure we'll see someother tuning options by next season that will cheapen things up.

My mtntk kit runs good day in and day out on my axys. Absolutely love it and big hp. It has been pull and go.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
i actually think they are priced very well. If you goto the sup website you can buy just the pipe and can for about $1000 less. I would really like to try them. Im just worried they will lose too much bottom end and be all mid range and top end for the technical tree riding I like.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My mtntk kit runs good day in and day out on my axys. Absolutely love it and big hp. It has been pull and go.
Oh I know they are out there, but you’re in the minority. Point is its nice to see a new option somewhere between a single pipe and turbo power wise (still nowhere near a turbo, I get that).

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
i actually think they are priced very well. If you goto the sup website you can buy just the pipe and can for about $1000 less. I would really like to try them. Im just worried they will lose too much bottom end and be all mid range and top end for the technical tree riding I like.

Had a long conversation with SLP, they say they have been doing a ton of testing with these. Fuel controller is required, highly recommended all the other stuff too, clutching , venting torque arm etc...

I’m on the shipping distribution list, they are filling orders as they were placed,. I already have venting and their clutch weights so looking at about $1600 investment. I’m on track for mid to late October for delivery, just got notice of my SC shipping so timing is good.

Premium Features