• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1509...he-2017-ford-f-series-super-duty-live-reveal/

2017-ford-f-series-super-duty-reveal-banner.jpg

We’ll be coming to you live from the State Fair of Texas this Thursday for an exclusive live reveal of the 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty. Starting at 11:45 a.m. EDT, we’ll be bringing you live information from the Super Duty team about what’s next for the best-selling pickup lineup in America. We’ll be there to capture every angle, every detail, and every point of interest on the new Super Duty, which is rumored to once again take the torque, payload, and towing crown from its competitors.

We’ve said it a thousand times before, but it’s almost universally understood that the new F-Series Super Duty will feature aluminum bodywork draped over a high-strength steel frame, a construction method that resulted in substantial weight savings for its F-150 little brother. As with the 1/2-ton Ford, expect those weight savings to reinvest themselves into the Super Duty’s payload and towing ratings, which will be further improved thanks to an updated 6.7L Power Stroke V-8 (rumored to produce at least 1000 lb-ft of torque).

The Super Duty is also widely believed to adopt the F-150’s passenger cabin, although those rumors are unconfirmed. If true, the bigger F-Series would receive one of the largest rear seats in the business, although it would abandon the distinctive vertical door handles that have been a Super Duty trademark since 1999.

We’ll know more on Thursday, but if you need to know everything as soon as possible, just join us for the reveal. Tune into the Motor Trend Channel on YouTube Thursday morning and you’ll learn everything in real time before anyone else.

What do you predict for the next Super Duty? What do you want to see?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I think Ford would be adopting that standard (J2807) on the "new" platform that Christopher keeps drooling over. I believe the 2015 F150 is certified under the standard since is their newest chassis for that weight class.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
2017-Ford-F-250-25.jpg

A YouTube video that, apparently, was not supposed to be published today and which was quickly removed, but not before someone took these screen shots, gives us a fresh look at the new 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty truck.

The bigger and brawnier sibling of the F-150 uses the same kind of aluminum tech for the body panels to slim down, making it the first of its kind to do so in the heavy-duty truck segment.

There's not much intel on the powertrain options, but the recently overhauled for the 2015MY 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel V8 with 440 ponies and 860 lb-ft (1,165Nm) of peak torque should be carried over, having an easier task to do, thanks to the F-250's weight reduction. Ford may also offer a V8 gasoline lump.

We'll know more tonight when the new F-250 makes its official debut.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Have you been in the back of a newer F-150? Lots of room for a long trip. Nobody really complains anymore with the newer larger crew cabs. Well, with the Ford and Rams anyway. Not sure that GM has re-sized theirs yet as big as the other two.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Have you been in the back of a newer F-150? Lots of room for a long trip. Nobody really complains anymore with the newer larger crew cabs. Well, with the Ford and Rams anyway. Not sure that GM has re-sized theirs yet as big as the other two.
I know.
I was just REALLY hoping that the spy shots might be for real.
Its certainly NOT a deal breaker for me, I was just hoping...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It's Butt Ugly on it's FACE !!!
overheard at media preview..:pound::pound:
Well, I suppose if you think the F-150 is BUTT UGLY, then the F250 looks pretty much the same.

I on the other hand don't think the F150 is Butt Ugly to begin with.

Premium Features