• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok, since none of the other guys have the guts to post this here BUT ...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Wow. This thread makes me realize how lucky I am to have found my wife!!

She didn't sled when we met, but she climbed, snowboarded, mtn biked, kayaked, and was a full contact fighter. She's become a sled addict just like me, we have a blast together!(I'm keeping her around for a while, she's pretty cool)

The biggest thing I've got to say is find a gal that does active, abusive sports WITHOUT a guy forcing her to do them. If she does that stuff just cause you want her to, she'll be the first one to find excuses to not go & to keep you home as well. I love hearing my wife's comments about those kind of gals!

The biggest problem I have is trying to buy myself a sled that's as fast as my wife's sled!!! Once you create an addict, it's a slippery slope!!

So very very true!! I am an outdoor enthusiast. We just went winter camping/fishing last weekend with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. I love it!!! I'm the same way with my hubby!! It only took 2 rides and I was hooked! He gets tired of hearing me ask "are we going camping/fishing/riding this weekend!!?" or saying "lets call in sick and go camping/fishing/riding!" LOL! :D

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
... which we NEED!!;) Because if your not riding with your husband (which makes you OFFLIMITS!)... then your riding with a WHOLE PACK OF WOMEN!:D Of course there isnt enough "liquid courage".... just ONE woman:eek: is enough to put most any guy on edge!:D

HAHAHA! SOOOOO very true!! :p:beer;

I have an IDEA!! :D ... Since all the "single" people are yackin' about finding a partner that LOVES riding as much as they do.... wouldn't a "SINGLES RIDE" be even more justified than a "singles-dating thread"!?

SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST TO ME!!... Too bad AK is soooo isolated from the rest of the 48! LOL

So very very true!! I am an outdoor enthusiast. We just went winter camping/fishing last weekend with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. I love it!!! I'm the same way with my hubby!! It only took 2 rides and I was hooked! He gets tired of hearing me ask "are we going camping/fishing/riding this weekend!!?" or saying "lets call in sick and go camping/fishing/riding!" LOL! :D

Oh T!... You (and BLONDZ) gotta be two of the Luckiest chicks in AK!! ;)

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Great question!!!
There has been some awesome answers on here too. :present:

We never know what life will bring us. In a perfect world, it would be great to find a gal who rides. Otherwise, when you find that special lady, teach her how to ride. Be patient....forgiving. There has been a couple threads on here about women learning how to sled. Read em!! Learning for me has been a rough road. A couple of instructional days would have been extremely helpful.
Good Luck!!! :rose:

btw-best advice I got....get your a$$ off the seat!!! ;)

Now thats the truth...:face-icon-small-hap

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Growing up on sleds I am one of the few that can actually say that. My dad always made sure mine and my mothers sleds were in EXCELLENT running order!!! We always had warm clothes, back in the late 70's early 80's not sure how good they were. Always wet and over stuffed!!! (no smarta$$ comments) The moon boots with the bread sacks to keep the liners dry...you get the picture!!! Anyways, my dad was not the best of patient teachers, more like get your A$$ on that sled and ride it!!!! lmao

My advice is be patient, have warm gear and a good sled. Have small rides to where she is not so sore the next day, nice days help. Small group or just you 2. Stick close to the trail for the first couple rides until she knows she is not going to be lost or it is ok to get stuck. I have many more ideas, but that is a good start......oh yea.....

Met my hubby on/through SW also ;)!!!

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Growing up on sleds I am one of the few that can actually say that. My dad always made sure mine and my mothers sleds were in EXCELLENT running order!!! We always had warm clothes, back in the late 70's early 80's not sure how good they were. Always wet and over stuffed!!! (no smarta$$ comments) The moon boots with the bread sacks to keep the liners dry...you get the picture!!! Anyways, my dad was not the best of patient teachers, more like get your A$$ on that sled and ride it!!!! lmao

My advice is be patient, have warm gear and a good sled. Have small rides to where she is not so sore the next day, nice days help. Small group or just you 2. Stick close to the trail for the first couple rides until she knows she is not going to be lost or it is ok to get stuck. I have many more ideas, but that is a good start......oh yea.....

Met my hubby on/through SW also ;)!!!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
OH MY! This thread has some great reading in it! :cool:

Out of all the sledchicks I know... (lots)... there are probably 3 that are single. Your odds aren't that great of finding one that already rides. But don't let that detour ya!

I wish you all the best of luck! :beer;

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Just curious.... How many single women do you think are actually on here??

Unfortionately, I just now realized that I am one of only two SINGLE women in our "ER Sledhead group" (insert emoticon of choice here)... WOW hahaha

Just a theory, but while the Powder Room might be a good spot for lurking boys to meet rider-chicks, it's prob not the best place for girls to explore their options.... any suggestions? LOL

I wish you guys luck finding a life-long riding partner/lady friends!! =)
And congrats to those of you that already have!! ...its a beautiful thing!

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
This has been a great read! Have you noticed how many guys hang out in the Powder Room? lol

I met my fiance thru our snowmobile club. I had done mostly trail riding prior, my ex wouldn't get off trail. So, I jumped off trail and found someone with the same adventurous spirit as I do. I came with my own sled. . . But, he and his friends have taught me so much, I always get the guy pass when they go riding.

He has me into dirtbiking, and now a Harley. We share all seasons doing things we love, together. I am a lucky lady!:D

So Dogmeat, you might try the local club. I like the idea of a singles ride. Wish I could go! lol

X
Jan 24, 2009
Eagle River
Just curious.... How many single women do you think are actually on here??

Unfortionately, I just now realized that I am one of only two SINGLE women in our "ER Sledhead group" (insert emoticon of choice here)... WOW hahaha

Just a theory, but while the Powder Room might be a good spot for lurking boys to meet rider-chicks, it's prob not the best place for girls to explore their options.... any suggestions? LOL
thing!

OK darling, I'm gonna just start flagging down other riders, and chat them up about this amazing girl I know....after all my cousin met his wife on a trail that way :)

Ok so didn't meet the bf on SW but met him through the girls I met on SW, thats almost as good, right. HUGS girls, you're the best!!! Mission for the weekend: Get out and RIDE/find Hottsuf man on the trail...er POWDER!!

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
This has been a great read! Have you noticed how many guys hang out in the Powder Room? lol

I enjoy following along.... comraderie is awesome. It's good to know what the other half thinks, feels, etc......
You gals keep up what you're doing, it'll just bring out more and make the sport that much better.

:beer;:beer;:rose: I'd ride with ya anytime

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
OK darling, I'm gonna just start flagging down other riders, and chat them up about this amazing girl I know....after all my cousin met his wife on a trail that way :)

Ok so didn't meet the bf on SW but met him through the girls I met on SW, thats almost as good, right. HUGS girls, you're the best!!! Mission for the weekend: Get out and RIDE/find Hottsuf man on the trail...er POWDER!!

I'll be waiting for that beer you said you were bringing to the Turny parking lot :D:beer;

you only get it if I see you stuck.........i should give jen(blonz) a case then..hmmmm....:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features