• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I'm just kinda focused on function. The struts or homade trailing arms will be an after thought. The hood how ever will be polished up after it is proved to run. I'm thinking about a kid in town here does paint then either the stock stickers from 78 or try to find some new 6000 stickers and cut to fit. The tunnel I will probably cover in a solid black sticker from one of those "wrap" places just see if I can get some sheets and cut to fit as well. But for surely need a copy of the original 6000 sticker for the tail end.
Probably going to have a PDP flap made ... Any suggestions on a logo???
I'm thinking this logo

Danget the copy and paster aint workin again!
The stock flap is just too wrong shaped

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
This has inspired me to want to start work on a '93 EXT 580Z. I already have an Ekholm tunnel and front end for it. Not sure what to do for shocks or the rest of the sled actually. but I have a few months before I get some time to work on it. The Ekholm tunnel has a u-cooler and running board edge coolers so I wanna utilize a liquid cooled sled. Don't want the tunnel to go to waste.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If you have time, don't be afraid to rattle can the hood.

I had the opportunity to fix up a hood for the kids sled. The way the hood was when I got it. The fissures were quite deep but once cleaned up, painted and buffed it will work good.

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Built a wireing harness with everything minus the racepack. That should be here soon.got the violent hoses fit. Bottle mounted. Welded the pull cord loop too low. Cut the can apart and ordered new tube to build my own. Fuel lines all ran.
Has spark!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Pulled the rope today! Idles nicely!
I bought some aftermarket choke and throttle cables. The chokes are adjusted all the way in to function and my throttle screws are near all the way out to pick the slides. Pretty boggy sounds like its getting too much air but haven't built the air filter yet.

Had trouble mid day ended up rebuilding the fuel pump and we were off and running. Also a plug cap just fell apart as I touched it. Also got denied at cat quest trying to buy some springy hose clamps.

The coolers felt like they weren't circulating. Lots of bends and corners its probably got some air.

G

getoan

Dec 1, 2007
Awesome build! It's fun to watch what a guy can homebrew up out of an old machine and a pile of parts, lookin good and following for an update!

Premium Features