• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's On Like Donkey Kong! (BDSO)

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
forest service road....so the club owns the forest service?

I'm confused......

Can't wait to see footage from the BDSO since I can't enter canada, or drive that stinking far.

Veedy, no prob, ill bring my 2moto and ride some dirtbikes with ya ;)

I agree paul. Hmmm i wonder, suppose the weather is crappy. I guess that means no club members will be there. lol

I sure hope i can get up to go ride with you guys this year.

Maybe someone should resaearch Big Iron. It has no organization really and its fairly succesfull for the revelstoke valley. With the organization Paul and shaun have brought to this event it should be HUGE!!!!!! To the top boys!

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
things are different in different countries.

in the us, the clubs do the grooming and get there money from the state.
all you need is a groomer sticker and you are good to go for the entire state.

in canada, the clubs do the grooming but are paid for by the club. You have to buy access to each trail head. they don't have a province wide system like in the states.

that is why there is such arguments in canada on whos trail it is. in the states national forest is just that. crown land seems to be different.

please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks
tim

A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
things are different in different countries.

in the us, the clubs do the grooming and get there money from the state.
all you need is a groomer sticker and you are good to go for the entire state.

in canada, the clubs do the grooming but are paid for by the club. You have to buy access to each trail head. they don't have a province wide system like in the states.

that is why there is such arguments in canada on whos trail it is. in the states national forest is just that. crown land seems to be different.

please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks
tim

Exactly Tim. Each club privately funds the grooming of their zone through membership and fundraisers etc. In Pemberton it is the Rutherford to the ice cap. When I drive half hour South to Brandywine in Whistler I have to pay their trail fee to acsess the ice cap from their end. As for locals not going if the weather is crappy, the event won't be worth riding in let alone watching? Navigating open glaciers with crevasse fields in a white-out or even flat light... You can have it. We'll find some pow in the trees in valley X.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
It's Back!

BIG DAWG SHOOTOUT is a go! After taking a year off and reflecting on BDSO of the past, Shaun and myself have decided to hold the BDSO again.
It will remain in Whistler/Pemberton and will be held on April,10th 2010.

So come on out and see the world's fastest Mountain sled be crowned, along with (if you think you have what it takes) KING OF THE HILL.:beer;

We will have more too follow.

Thanks to everyone who made the past events a success and hopfully we can make future event a success also.

Cheers: Paul Gibbs / Shaun Hamilton

BDSO 2010

we have to watch? cant we participate?

P
Dec 2, 2007
a team

Your an idiot,you sound like a tree hugger impersonating a sled head,if your going to whine get some cheese!!!i will be there driving my big azz f650 with the cr nytro so if you dont like my comment come get you some!!!

N

Nor-val

Dec 12, 2007
Armstrong, British Columbia
We will be there buddy !!!!!! Can't bloody wait, best way to top off a season ever. Did your lady have any luck booking a hotel for all of us in Whistler ? Make sure you put a couple suites aside for us ! And Veedy, I think you should stay off @ wheels for a while, you are safer in snow !!!:rolleyes::D

A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
Perpetraitor?????

Your an idiot,you sound like a tree hugger impersonating a sled head,if your going to whine get some cheese!!!i will be there driving my big azz f650 with the cr nytro so if you dont like my comment come get you some!!!
Just stating the facts Perpetraitor...
What a "BIG BOY" truck you have Perpetraitor? Get me some what? Would love to answer that call! Sight un-seen internet tough guy! I love tough guys that are tough cause their big truck and sled. Their called "compensators" . To spell it out perpetraitor, compensators make up for extremely small apendages. I don't try to impersonate a sled head. I do however ride 4-5 days a week all winter in the best kept sledding secret around. Perhaps you and your big boy toys would like to tag along for some sweet pow sessions? Should I call you at 250-426-7011 or just show up at your place to see how tough you really are?

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
Penetraitor/A-Team Leader,

Enough all ready, it's Molson time, or is that Bud? :beer;

A-Team, would love to run your location, where is a good place to stay; if your willing to guide...

Chaos

A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
Penetraitor/A-Team Leader,

Enough all ready, it's Molson time, or is that Bud? :beer;

A-Team, would love to run your location, where is a good place to stay; if your willing to guide...

Chaos

Pemberton valley lodge is the newest accom in town. Very nice place. The Pemberton Hotel is a little aged , but right in the town center and right above the only bar. There are also numerous B+B's around that I could provide some names if interested. I also have a self contained suite in my basement I rent to friends and family passing through that I'm sure I could make arrangements to the right candidate. Perhaps the perpetraitor whats the full tour?

J

JS

Feb 21, 2009
Awesome! Cheers Paul and Shawn on all your work to making this go. I cant wait and i think i speak for all the boost boys we will be there for sure!!!!

Premium Features