• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go pro mounts

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wondering how you guys mount your go pros on the front of your sled to shoot backwards at the rider? Can some of you post some pics? And what you made the mount from?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I actually use the GoPro seat post / handlebar mount with it mounted to the front bumper of my Pro. It works and it's out of the way but I am looking at an extension for a little better view. I also have flat mounts on the top rear of the tunnel on each side of the tail light. You can mount the camera for a complete rear view or facing the riders back side.

I can post up some pics to give you an idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yea i've thought of mounting to the bumper but I think if there was a bit of an extenstion it would give a better view - maybe out of the snow a bit more? But there is a fine line to being a great shot and the extension being in the way when going through trees and whatnot. pics would be great.

R

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Cheap way to do it...

Take PVC pipe 1/4".

use a pvc "T" with the bottom cut half off length wise so it will go around the bumper.

Take 2 screw in clamps to secure the T to the bumper.

Take 3-4ft of pvc pipe glued into the T, so the pole will be right infront of you.

Then you can use the basic gopro black screw in mount (dont know what its proper name is) and just plug and glue that in to the top of the pvc pipe.

Camera should be right in your face.

Not professional but itll cost you less than $5.

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yea I was thinking something along those lines... I was just wondering if there was something better? or something that was easily collapsable etc.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
This website has a lot of GoPro accessories,

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/

I was actually looking at one of these carbon fiber extensions,

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/

Here are some shots from the front bumper, it's a little too far back, which is why I was looking at some kind of extension.

GOPR0087.jpg

GOPR0110.jpg

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Cheap way to do it...

Take PVC pipe 1/4".

use a pvc "T" with the bottom cut half off length wise so it will go around the bumper.

Take 2 screw in clamps to secure the T to the bumper.

Take 3-4ft of pvc pipe glued into the T, so the pole will be right infront of you.

Then you can use the basic gopro black screw in mount (dont know what its proper name is) and just plug and glue that in to the top of the pvc pipe.

Camera should be right in your face.

Hey G do you have of pic of this on your sled??

Thanks, Dallas

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
When you get by your sled would you send me a pm with a pic of it? I want to build one but it would be nice to see what it might look like.:face-icon-small-coo
Thanks, Dallas

D
Mar 29, 2010
Cheap way to do it...

Take PVC pipe 1/4".

Nice! I'm thinking to pre-mount a T on the front and back, and not gluing the pipe but use a small bolt and wingnut to quickly change the shot.

bike mount -

68435_10151287705795845_176356469_n.jpg

P
Oct 10, 2009
Park City, UT
I actually use the GoPro seat post / handlebar mount with it mounted to the front bumper of my Pro. It works and it's out of the way but I am looking at an extension for a little better view. I also have flat mounts on the top rear of the tunnel on each side of the tail light. You can mount the camera for a complete rear view or facing the riders back side.

I can post up some pics to give you an idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hey Fatdog, can you post or send me shots from your PRO front bumper. I have a new Hero 3 and I was going to use the handlebar mount like you described, but it doesnt face straight back because of the angle of the PRO bumper.

Also just curious what resolution and FOV angle you use mostly for sledding? seems like the wide angle makes things like riders in front of me look far away compared to normal (medium) angle. Im thinking 1080 at medium angle will be better than the new 2.7 resolution which is only wide angle .... thanks

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Here's a couple shots from mounting on the front bumper with the handlebar mount. It's actually mounted to the center support that runs downward, not the actual bumper.

My plan is to try an extension to get the camera up and closer.

As far as settings, that I'm still messing around with different ones, trying to get it dialed in.

GOPR0102.jpg

GOPR0110.jpg

GOPR0086.jpg

P
Oct 10, 2009
Park City, UT
Cool thanks, and yes it needs to be up a little higher, I will have to think about how to do that, or maybe just put a mount on the hood . Did you grab those stills from a video or was the cam set for continuous pictures?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Those are actual pictures from when the camera was set for every three seconds.

I think if I can get it mounted a little further up and a little further forward the picture would be a lot better. I came across some carbon fiber extensions that I think I'm going to try next.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features