• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock vs aftermarket handlebars.

T
Feb 1, 2018
Garden city Utah
I bent my stock handlebars yesterday on a ride. I searched the forum and couldn’t find any info. Wondering if anyone has put aftermarket bars on and what they like. Also wondering if the aftermarket bars are tougher than the stock ones.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
To me the shape of bars is just the position you get used to. There is probably a ideal height for your height, but price has nothing to do with the comfort. And the riser height.

T
Feb 1, 2018
Garden city Utah
You know. I try to start a discussion on something that is different than 850s blowing belts and just being piles of junk and I see the 850 crowd likes to just bag on them. Should have bought an arctic cat. If you look at thier forum there are almost no negative posts. I love my 850s but there is something wrong with the crowd.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
You know. I try to start a discussion on something that is different than 850s blowing belts and just being piles of junk and I see the 850 crowd likes to just bag on them. Should have bought an arctic cat. If you look at thier forum there are almost no negative posts. I love my 850s but there is something wrong with the crowd.

Yes, someone is really stuck on themselve! Lol 4 post

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
I went with CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars with a 5" riser. Love the setup, it's a little bit lower than stock. Although that's a good point about aftermarket bars being too strong and bending/breaking something else as stated above.

image.jpg

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

Lighten up Francis.

S
Mar 12, 2008
Hermiston OR
Cfr

Not my gen 4 but very happy with cfr crowbars I just put on my 16 xm. If my gen 4 needs a set which sure they will as I have bent 2 sets on Xm I wouldn’t hesitate to put them on. They do use a stonger aluminum and I see the points made by others but solid base to me means one less thing to think bout while riding. My 2 cents. Stockers 6061 vs cfr 7075.

Aluminum 7075 is a high-strength alloy that offers good stress-corrosion cracking resistance. Known as a mainstay in the aerospace industry since it was introduced.

Aluminum 6061 is a heat treaded extruded alloy with medium to high strength.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Not my gen 4 but very happy with cfr crowbars I just put on my 16 xm. If my gen 4 needs a set which sure they will as I have bent 2 sets on Xm I wouldn’t hesitate to put them on. They do use a stonger aluminum and I see the points made by others but solid base to me means one less thing to think bout while riding. My 2 cents. Stockers 6061 vs cfr 7075.

Aluminum 7075 is a high-strength alloy that offers good stress-corrosion cracking resistance. Known as a mainstay in the aerospace industry since it was introduced.

Aluminum 6061 is a heat treaded extruded alloy with medium to high strength.

LAYMAN's EDIT:
6061: You have a chance to bend back straight.
7075: U Outta Luck!

Sorry couldn't resist....lol

OTM

Premium Features