• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Offset spindles and narrow front end

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I ran the mountainside offset spindles in addition to the 36" zbros arms. Also had raptor shocks. This was the most fun sled I've ever ridden. I started with just the offset spindles for a few rides then added the shocks for a few more rides, finally added the 36" arms and would never go back.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
This is a non-issue. Most aftermarket spindles are much stronger than the stock as they are machined rater than cast or extruded. Also with 1" offset many guys run them in the center position and in that position there is plenty of ski sticking past the spindle to protect them. I bet you have not tried them before formulating your opinion. Full suspension travel, 20 minute install, no shock changes, better ski rubber life in the center position, lower cost than buying new a-arms, stock arm replacements are easier to find etc. The Pro list is way greater than con list.

Second that. On my pro I schooled myself on NOT jumping on the power-bandwagon. Put a PAR head on it for response, good purchase, then shocks and front end.

I still cannot get over how good that sled got with narrower bars and offset spindles! Matter of fact, I'm still searching for that feeling on my Axys.
Have the spindles now so..

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Heard today Polaris is offering the 19 front end in a kit to install in older axys. Uppers and lowers all bushings, steering rods and shocks. Only reuse the spindles.

Last edited:

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
This is a non-issue. Most aftermarket spindles are much stronger than the stock as they are machined rather than cast or extruded. Also with 1" offset many guys run them in the center position and in that position there is plenty of ski sticking past the spindle to protect them. I bet you have not tried them before formulating your opinion. Full suspension travel, 20 minute install, no shock changes, better ski rubber life in the center position, lower cost than buying new a-arms, stock arm replacements are easier to find etc. The Pro list is way greater than con list.

Agree.
I ran ZRP offsets last season, they were excellent! Also preferred riding with them in the middle (centered) position. Seemed more balanced than at 36 for my riding style...
Tough product, hit many trees....lol, but dont think they would last much longer than stock hitting rocks.......

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Agree.
I ran ZRP offsets last season, they were excellent! Also preferred riding with them in the middle (centered) position. Seemed more balanced than at 36 for my riding style...
Tough product, hit many trees....lol, but dont think they would last much longer than stock hitting rocks.......

What he’s saying is the stock ones shatter and the aftermarket ones (being machined from billet) will at worst get small dents.
A arms will be toast though ?

Premium Features