• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spokane Area Riders Snow Report for E. Washington N Idaho & W. Montana post 28,869

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
You know X we can make some amazing things happen in the back country with broken down sleds but heavy 4 strokes are better off left for dead;) Not as simple with a 4 as it is with a 2.

E
Apr 11, 2002
North Idaho
Jop. I am a lurker but always like to help, I can not help on wed but have a rope winch with 300 feet of rope. This year we winched out 3 elk and 3 moose with the thing a sled would be a peice of cake. I wish I would have had the thing this weekend the boy blew a diamond drive in a bowl, and thanks to kevin buel and Les the owner of the rose lake conoco we got it out. My cell number is 208-661-3724. My name is Tim Mack i Live in Rathdrum and work in Hayden. If you need to borrow it no problem just let me know and it is yours, sleders help sleders. The nice thing about the rope winch over a chainsaw winch is weight it weighs maybe 12 pounds and simple to run ussually the kids run the thing and none are old enough to drive a car.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
jON CALL ME IN THE MORN let me know what we need, I'm in Just gots to assess the overheating break issue first. Not a big deal though. do we need the REv too???

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
Man....Chevitz...you got the pics up but they streached the screen so far out you cant read a the posts.....lol

Thanks for the link BB...

Whit...great finially meeting you...We'll have to ook up again soon!

I'll try and get a few pics up soon....

Ragged

E
Apr 11, 2002
North Idaho
a few pic from avery this weekend

I would Like to post them to the site but only know how to put a link to photo bucket. it Was some awsome ridding but it did cost us a diamond drhttp://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/elkhunter_bucket/?albumview=slideshowive but I guess after 6500 miles something has to go, oh and learned the powder claw is a awsome track. If I did not have to get the boy a new drive I would have a new powder claw under my sled this weekend. At least 10mph difference in climbing.

pic clicky http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/elkhunter_bucket/?albumview=slideshow

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
shad/john- if you are gonna go try to drag it out, you guys are welcome to take my saw/rope winch. I have 300' of rope.....it is not fast, but it will pull a house.
let me know if you want it, my wife will be home tomarrow, I can leave it out.

if you can get enough rope and time it will 100% get it out.
Yea i think it wouldn;t hurt to bring every option available with us. Yanever know what may be needed!!! i will call after i speak with JON let just figure we will need it. Thax

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I was just about asleep and thought since we are only going to have plug caps, would it work to wrap the exposed wire with electrical tape and then cover with silicone RTV to protect the wires from arcing? The duct tape just got hot and melted, but I've used RTV on ignition stuff while doing demolition derby and it seems to hold up to spark/heat pretty well so maybe it would work in this instance? Let me know what you guys think. The sled did start and run when we left, so if it would start and build rpm and not arc out, maybe we could drive it out.

C
Nov 27, 2007
CDA
Brian (skidoomod) I could definitly use your Help. Were just trying to get a Plan formed up. The Snatch Block and rope would be a huge help. And with some type of sled for the Skid I think we could do it. We can go down the night before and Stay if that will work for you.

I'll cover anyones expenses that is willing to go down and Help me with the Recovery. Thanks John

hey i would go but sled is down. but i got some sleds that would work to but under it. let me know if ya need them you can have them

T
I was just about asleep and thought since we are only going to have plug caps, would it work to wrap the exposed wire with electrical tape and then cover with silicone RTV to protect the wires from arcing? The duct tape just got hot and melted, but I've used RTV on ignition stuff while doing demolition derby and it seems to hold up to spark/heat pretty well so maybe it would work in this instance? Let me know what you guys think. The sled did start and run when we left, so if it would start and build rpm and not arc out, maybe we could drive it out.

What are the wires running?? They should not get hot enough to melt duck tape. Did those wires cause the fire or something else?

Good luck guys..hope you get it out.

P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
Avi Comments

OK got it. click on BBs link and go to the comments section. I'm canceling my paper tomorrow morning. I am fugin boiling after these peoples comments.

holman6336

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Odessa/Spokane WA
you got my back priestlakermk...that guy is an azzhat and needs to get his head put on straight. What a total azz...I hope I meet him on the trail to give him a good ol fashion whooooopin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features