• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just bought 08' 700 Dragon - I Have a couple general questions

R

ronmexico78

Feb 28, 2008
I just bought my first sled A DRAGON baby!! I love this sled! Had 530 miles when i bought it. Rode it this weekend and have couple questions:

1. Does anyone where i can find a manual that can tell how me how to toggle through the digital read-out options?

2. It is a bone-stock sled and I find it a little 'tippy' compared to other sleds and had trouble sidehilling. I was thinking of adjusting the 'limiter straps' (think this is what they are called) in the track. Has anyone else done this with success? Or make any recomendations

3. Is there a 'choke' anywhere on the dragons for cold starts? Havnt found one... or does the dragon start easy on cold-a$$ days. Fired up easy on 2nd pull today and temp was 4 farenheit out. Love that.

4. What is that little black plastic adjuster 'wheel' below the readout for?

Thanks in advance.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
I moved my limiter strap to the lowest position and moved the shock to the most forward hole. Made a huge difference. I was told I needed Holtz spindles and new skis. Saved a lot money by doing what I did with great results.

Little Knobby thing is to adjust your headlight up and down.

No choke on fuel injection. Just plan on 2 or 3 pulls on a cold start.

You will need to register with Polaris. Then you can get your manual online. See the site I have linked and click on register. Then you can access you manual.
http://www.polarisindustries.com/Us...A59FF%7d&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&UserSource=MANUALS

I was typing when roadtrip said ride it like it is. I hope he is not saying ride it stock. Your sled will open up like you can't believe if you let it breath. SLP intake,Pipe,Can

Last edited:
O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Tippy.
One of the biggest problems people have with this sled is over riding it.
It is so responsive it is unlike any sled you have ridden. Ride it in the neutral postion and give it a few rides to get used to it. Just counter steer and it will hold a sidehill for ever.
I put the limiter strap in the center position and the front shock in the lower hole.

Since the sled is fuel injected it has no choke.

You can contact polaris to get a new owners manual.
There are a couple of things you can do to the sled (lower top gear, vent kits, etc.). Ride it a bit and see what you think it needs.

Last edited:
P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
I just bought my first sled A DRAGON baby!! I love this sled! Had 530 miles when i bought it. Rode it this weekend and have couple questions:

1. Does anyone where i can find a manual that can tell how me how to toggle through the digital read-out options?

2. It is a bone-stock sled and I find it a little 'tippy' compared to other sleds and had trouble sidehilling. I was thinking of adjusting the 'limiter straps' (think this is what they are called) in the track. Has anyone else done this with success? Or make any recomendations

3. Is there a 'choke' anywhere on the dragons for cold starts? Havnt found one... or does the dragon start easy on cold-a$$ days. Fired up easy on 2nd pull today and temp was 4 farenheit out. Love that.

4. What is that little black plastic adjuster 'wheel' below the readout for?

Thanks in advance.

1. Your local dealer should have supplied you with the owners manual for the sled which explains how to toggle through the digital readout options......if you bought it used just go into a dealer, they'll be able to show you how it works in a matter of about 2 minutes, or just play with it, it's actually pretty simple
2.pulling your limiter strap in will affect the tippyness, but it will also put more pressure on your skis making it harder to steer. If it's too tippy for you, look at the aluminum spacers where your ski bolt goes through your spindles. You can put both sets of spacers to the outside of the spindles to make your ski stance wider. Also make sure your swaybar is in place, it may have been removed by the last owner.
You'll find the dragon to be considerably tippier than the older chassis, this takes a ride or two(or maybe as little as an hour) to get used to, but you'll find once you master it it'll be much easier to control and sidehill than anything you've ridden before
3.There is no choke, it's a fuel injected motor. the injection system automatically enriches the air /fuel mixture on cold starts
4.The little adjuster wheel is for adjusting your headlight angle up or down

The mighty poo has spoken:cool:

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Everybody has gave good advice so far. You will get used to the chassis - just be patient. Try finding an open field where you can really lay it over and get a feel for it. Also start side hilling on smaller hills.

I second the aluminum spacer idea on the ski's. Spread the skis out a little to give yourself a bigger stance - you'll be suprised what a difference an inch or to makes.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
Everybody has gave good advice so far. You will get used to the chassis - just be patient. Try finding an open field where you can really lay it over and get a feel for it. Also start side hilling on smaller hills.

I second the aluminum spacer idea on the ski's. Spread the skis out a little to give yourself a bigger stance - you'll be suprised what a difference an inch or to makes.

she said

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
the snow at skyland was not the best for gettin the feel of this chassis, take it to lincoln and ride in a foot or better of powder to really apreciate how east it is to carve and control, ice covered concrete with 2 inches of powder is not the best enviroment for a first ride, a buddy of mine took out a d8 155 just like mine on sunday and slid down a hill into a tree:(, he was not a happy camper, but know he will have the tri city bumper so he can go loggin:)

R

ronmexico78

Feb 28, 2008
Thanks guys & Gals ! Great information.

Im not going to do any adjustments until next year in powder. I am going to do them one at time and ride to see how they affect the sled.
Hiline is right, I rode it on concrete saturday...., but also rode my uncle's XP which felt like a mountain goat compared to the dragon side-hilling.

I think its awesome how many responses I got this late in the season for my questions. Us Dragon riders really have a good network going on here helping each other out. Keep it up!

Thanks fellow Dragon riders

:beer;

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You are going to love the reliability and...once you get used to the chassis, you will never look back. That "tipsy" feel you are talking about is well balanced and you will thrive in the powder and side hills with it. The only place I think it struggles is on really bumpy hill climbs where it is a little tougher to hold a line.

To clarify on the starting...a good first pull will prime the sled and the 2nd pull will almost always start it.

Premium Features