• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
holding speed down on steep downhill descent

Never had a ford diesel truck, but understand adaptive cruise is one way to keep downhill speed under control. Without this feature how else do u control descent without a lot of braking? My son had a 03 chev with allison trans and was very impressed with its operation down a 7% grade and wondering if ford might have something that works as well?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
If tow/haul won't cut it, the exhaust brake will!

The exhaust brake is amazing! Pulled a 33’ trailer down from the top of pikes peak this summer. Used the exhaust brake and left it in 1st gear - barely had to touch ground brakes

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Never had a ford diesel truck, but understand adaptive cruise is one way to keep downhill speed under control. Without this feature how else do u control descent without a lot of braking? My son had a 03 chev with allison trans and was very impressed with its operation down a 7% grade and wondering if ford might have something that works as well?

Adaptive cruise is mostly for traffic, it will slow down to match the speed of traffic. It really has nothing to do with going downhill.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
They started building my new Super Duty today.

#iwish #inmydreams

26166873_2016269865321351_3093351164241768676_n.jpg

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Milehigh is right, of course, since he sells them. When engaged, GM duramax exhaust brake works with the Allison on downhills - next to eliminates touching the brakes with a 5'er RV on +5%, and does eliminate it with a bumper pull sled hauler. Allison is good by itself, but with the exhaust brake, it's otherworldly. Just personal experience with my LBZ and L5P.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Since we now need to wait for the trailer to be built can we talk about what you are going to pull it with? Haven't heard any news on that front in a while....
face-icon-small-happy.gif
Just shoot me.
I have not been able to bring myself to pulling the trigger on the new truck.
Everything I see out there in the auto news suggests to me that prices are getting better and factory incentives are begining to roll out, especially in the form of better financing.

Ford will likely do all they can to NOT change the MSRP on the trucks.
But it is possible we will see crazy good financing deal over the next several months.

Corporate inventory is HIGH and sales are LOW.

84 months at 0% interest is not impossible.
They are at 4% now, which is good, but 1% or Zero would be fabulous.
Couple that with rebates or cash incentives and the trucks will start rolling again.

As for me, I still want to order a custom new F250.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<header>2019 Ford F-250 – Changes, Engine Specs, Price

</header> It is almost like a rule with all great US truck manufacturer; as soon as they present the new generation of the light-duty truck, the bigger models are in line for refreshments. GM and Ram are already doing that and now the greatest among them will follow the same pattern. After presenting the new F-150, Ford has decided to introduce some changes with its Super Duty Series. A proof for that is the new 2019 Ford F-250, which was spotted on the streets of Dearborn, Michigan, near to Ford headquarters.

The new look will not be drastically changed. The front end will be refreshed. The two-bar, chrome grille will most likely stay unchanged but the headlights and front bumper could be borrowed from the new F-150. The rear side, including taillights, could also come refreshed. Aside cosmetically changes, the new Ford F-250 could arrive with some upgraded mill under the hood and new 10-speed automatic transmission which was first time presented with 2017 Raptor model.

2019-Ford-F-250.jpg

2019 Ford F-250 – Engine and Power

Even though it is nice to have a good looking truck, the most important issue with heavy duty trucks is power. Like all its predecessors, the new 2019 Ford F-250 will be more than competitive in this area. It will offer two engine options under the hood. The petrol one will be 6.2-liter SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine. So far this mill was paired with a TorqShift 6-speed SelectShift-G automatic transmission. This combination delivered 385 horsepower @ 5750 rpm and 430 lb-ft of torque @ 3800 rpm.

The second option is 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 turbodiesel engine matched with TorqShift Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. The output of the diesel engine was 450 horses rpm and 935 lb-ft of torque. If the rumors come true and Ford’s new 10-speed automatic transmission replaces current 6-speed automatic new F-250 might reach up to a whopping 1000 lb-ft of torque. This will significantly improve the current towing power of 21,000 pounds.

2019 Ford F-250 – Exterior and Interior

The new Ford F-250 will offer same trim levels as before. The base options will still be XL and XLT, upper trims Lariat and King Ranch and top trims Platinum and Limited. All models will suffer some facial changes. They will get a new front bumper and new designed Quad-Dual beam halogen headlights. The lines will be very similar to the new F-150 model. The front chrome grille with Ford’s logo on the middle could stay intact.

2019-Ford-F-250-interior.jpg

Inside, the new F-250 will have all necessary features. The front seats can optionally be covered with leather. They will have 10-way power with memory for both, driver’s and passenger’s seat. The entertainment system will be equipped with Sony’s Single-CD/MP3 Player with HD Radio including 10 speakers and subwoofer Crew Cab. The navigation system will be optional. The Dual-Zone automatic temperature control will come as standard while Rapid-Heat Supplemental cab heater will be optionally offered with diesel models.

Safety features like front and side airbags and system with roll-fold side-curtain airbags will come as standard. Other safety gadgets will be ABS, ESP and SOS Post Crash Alert System and Child tethers.

Price and Release Date

The wide trim range will allow different customers to consider new F-250. The base XL model will cost around $32,800, XLT $37,000, Lariat $45,500 and King Ranch $54,700. The Platinum and Limited edition are prepared for ones with a deeper pocket. The first trim will cost around $62,500 while the Limited will arrive with the price tag of $79,540.

Taking in mind that the new 2019 Ford F-250 didn’t wear a heavy camouflage when it was spotted it can be presumed that its official presentation is coming very soon. If that happens, the new truck could be available in dealerships by the end of 2018.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just shoot me.
I have not been able to bring myself to pulling the trigger on the new truck.
Everything I see out there in the auto news suggests to me that prices are getting better and factory incentives are begining to roll out, especially in the form of better financing.

Ford will likely do all they can to NOT change the MSRP on the trucks.
But it is possible we will see crazy good financing deal over the next several months.

Corporate inventory is HIGH and sales are LOW.

84 months at 0% interest is not impossible.
They are at 4% now, which is good, but 1% or Zero would be fabulous.
Couple that with rebates or cash incentives and the trucks will start rolling again.

As for me, I still want to order a custom new F250.

I was always sunder the impression that if you wanted the killer rebates and financing you have to take from dealer stock as those items role out when the time to order for that model year is over. And if you order a custom truck you are not able to get any of the huge incentives because the order program is only available in the earlier part of a model year.

Is this not correct?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was always sunder the impression that if you wanted the killer rebates and financing you have to take from dealer stock as those items role out when the time to order for that model year is over. And if you order a custom truck you are not able to get any of the huge incentives because the order program is only available in the earlier part of a model year.

Is this not correct?

Generally yes, but..

One never knows.:face-icon-small-hap
Right now I am not willing to fork over a $25K down payment unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

Unless I am way off target on this, the auto market is becoming a BUYERS market. Auto inventory is rising, and sales are falling. Financing packages from the other manufacturers are starting to get VERY attractive.

Ford follows and doesn't lead the way in this arena because they will do all they can to maintain their profit margins right up to the end..

But ads like this point the way for whats likely coming for the industry as a whole.

2018-Summer-Sales-Event-d.jpg

And this as well.

Offer Details
Beginning June 15, FCA has introduced a standalone offer of 0% APR for 72 months or 0.9% for 84 months on select models.
As the name suggests, "standalone" means the deal can't be combined with other incentives.

Jeep: Renegade, Patriot, (Old) Compass, Cherokee (All Styles)

Dodge: Journey (All Styles)

RAM: 1500 (Regular & Quad Cab Only, EcoDiesel is eligible)

This marks the first time in recent memory that we've seen 0.9% APR for 84 months on these models.

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Generally yes, but..

One never knows.:face-icon-small-hap
Right now I am not willing to fork over a $25K down payment unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

Unless I am way off target on this, the auto market is becoming a BUYERS market. Auto inventory is rising, and sales are falling. Financing packages from the other manufacturers are starting to get VERY attractive.

Ford follows and doesn't lead the way in this arena because they will do all they can to maintain their profit margins right up to the end..

But ads like this point the way for whats likely coming for the industry as a whole.

2018-Summer-Sales-Event-d.jpg

And this as well.

Offer Details
Beginning June 15, FCA has introduced a standalone offer of 0% APR for 72 months or 0.9% for 84 months on select models.
As the name suggests, "standalone" means the deal can't be combined with other incentives.

Jeep: Renegade, Patriot, (Old) Compass, Cherokee (All Styles)

Dodge: Journey (All Styles)

RAM: 1500 (Regular & Quad Cab Only, EcoDiesel is eligible)

This marks the first time in recent memory that we've seen 0.9% APR for 84 months on these models.

Right, End of the season sales. Best time of year of year to buy. And I bet every one of those says "from dealer inventory".

But out of curiosity. How much different is what you want to get "custom" ordered from a standard on the lot Platinum?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right, End of the season sales. Best time of year of year to buy. And I bet every one of those says "from dealer inventory".

But out of curiosity. How much different is what you want to get "custom" ordered from a standard on the lot Platinum?

Biggest issue is that I wanted a front BENCH seat. And that has to a be one of a kind build.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Biggest issue is that I wanted a front BENCH seat. And that has to a be one of a kind build.
I figured that was ur reason, i completely agree.
I hate that the high end trucks all come standard with a center console.
I like my woman to sit next to me. (Sometimes... lol)
That extra seat is important to me.
My big azz truck can't haul anymore people than a prius! Sad for sure.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

I would have never guessed.

I can't even picture owning a truck without a center console.

But then again I can't ever picture driving with 3 people up front in a bench seat every again either. Those days are long behind me. LOL

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN

I think you are right on the money for this.

I made a mistake of swinging in and driving through a lot the other day. Hour after the place closed and instantly had a salesman on me. Worst part was I found a truck I liked and he had to unlock the dealership door to go get his key to open the lock box.

I gave him my email and it's been twice a day since then. He's close to selling a truck. :face-icon-small-hap The part I'm kind of confused by is that he's offering me way too much money for my truck. Won't move on overall price, but keeps adding 500 bucks every email he sends for mine.

If it didn't have the gravel road rash and a little higher miles then I really want I'd already have bought the thing. I'll get him down a little bit and go from there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I figured that was ur reason, i completely agree.
I hate that the high end trucks all come standard with a center console.
I like my woman to sit next to me. (Sometimes... lol)
That extra seat is important to me.
My big azz truck can't haul anymore people than a prius! Sad for sure.

He he he.
I want my WIFE next to me.
I want my DOG next to me
I need that extra seat so I can cram one more Boy Scout in the truck for our campouts:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would have never guessed.

I can't even picture owning a truck without a center console.

But then again I can't ever picture driving with 3 people up front in a bench seat every again either. Those days are long behind me. LOL

I have three Huskies.
And all of them want to be in the front seat with me when we go driving.
Center console RUINS the experience.
Nothing better than a long drive with your Huskie's Muzzle in your lap.
Thats Living the dream man!

Premium Features