• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stackable LinQ fuel caddy with shovel mount

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I'll second this.

95% of my stucks are on a hill and i tend to roll the thing out before I could have even snapped a shovel together?

If its bad I take my avy pack off and shovel the sled out?

So you don't have to take your pack off, number one a slope can go at anytime, plus if someone were to ride up or near you while you were shovelling to help etc. Many guys have one on the back so they use that to dig or for a quick use, more likely to use it in different situations if it is easy to access.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I really really really don't like taking my pack off. The way I'm set up it normally stays on all day. One less thing to mess with. I use a small pack, a Float 8, with essentials inside if I were to get seperated from my sled. Everything else is on or in the sled.

Long story, but in the past I had removed my pack doing an avy dig (practice) and left it behind when searching for the second burial. It was a timed recovery, a competition, so a lot of adrenaline. No one had to tell me what happened; I knew. And thought about it a lot. I changed a few things after that.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don't carry anything but survival stuff and some food and water on my back. Tunnel bags are just useless weight that throws your sled around. If you need it to pack your beer I suggest you save yourself $14 K and just sit on your couch to drink beer. No need to go up in the mountains and litter your beer cans making the rest of us look bad to the tree huggers. However, you always need to make sure one Polaris guy is in your group because he will be packing a full snap-on set of tools to keep his junk running that day. :eyebrows:

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
OK, let's spell it out:

Avy Pack or backpack (in case you don't want a better chance of surviving an avalanche):
Beacon, Probe, Shovel and other stuff you need in case you get separated from your sled or stuff you don't need to get to during the day (survival gear). Avy pack never comes off.

Tunnel Bag:
Second shovel, food and drink for the day, spare goggles, gloves, etc.

450+ lb. sled plus the weight of the rider, what the hell is a 15lb. tunnel bag going to do the performance?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't carry anything but survival stuff and some food and water on my back. Tunnel bags are just useless weight that throws your sled around. If you need it to pack your beer I suggest you save yourself $14 K and just sit on your couch to drink beer. No need to go up in the mountains and litter your beer cans making the rest of us look bad to the tree huggers. However, you always need to make sure one Polaris guy is in your group because he will be packing a full snap-on set of tools to keep his junk running that day. :eyebrows:

Or a turboed xm.:face-icon-small-hap

F

Who said anything about packing beer in their tunnel bag? The beer comment is "for the birds"

Maybe the fat lady back at the truck can hold your beer since the weight of it and her will throw your sled around.

Useless comments as always

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Beer, birds, and fat girls aside, it doesn't look like I will be getting my snazzy easy to use clip on shovel this year.... :p

Oh, and your beacon better not be in your pack.

Last edited:
I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
My avy pack holds all the beer I need to drink. Little snack and hot dogger maybe. Shovel and probe in the back pack with 3 or 4 pair of gloves. No tunnel bag. Dump the spare gas when we get up the hill.. Gonna do a Handel bar bag this year. And I never litter my beer cans. I usually make a point to pick up someone else's litter every ride.

ThePennySaved

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2017
AK
Is the Linq mounted shovel actually ready for 2020? I saw it on Skidoo’s Facebook live video when Dave was showing one of the utility sleds.

I immediately jumped on google thinking I had missed something because surely they would have already thought of mounting a shovel to a jerry can and found this thread.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
It's not very often an accessory grabs my interest like this, but seeing the pics of a Jerry can with a shovel attached in the 2018 Doo catalog has me curious....

Hopefully someone like Norona had actually tried this setup and can chime in. And before someone goes off on a tangent, yes I do carry a shovel in my pack as well.

It’s cool but I do t use it as I rather the slim waterproof bag and keep the bag on my sled where I drop my fuel. It is actually a tool carrier so u can add other stuff and just put it on a LinQ but I still prefer and use the ski
Waterproof bag with shovel

Premium Features