• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smitty's Speed Works.. GREAT Products! Great Service!

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Just thought I would realy my experience with Smitty from Smitty's Speed Works in Oregon.

Last weekend I snapped both of my rear wheels on my 07 Rev 800.. The OTHER aftermarket axle failed and caused the wheels to seperate themselves from the bearing.. NOT GOOD!

The other offset axle kit was a really poor design that was destine to fail IMO.
Anyway.. phone up Smitty.. told him what I had and that I needed a REAL offset axle kit and wheels... He boxed it up whilst we spoke and I had it on Friday..

Needless to say, this was great to have (even though it is my spare sled )

When I got the Smitty Axle it WAS designed the way an offset axle should be designed... Very simple and strong!! Very nice attention to detail and machine work.. Took only minutes to install!! VERY NICE PIECE!!

I also have some of Smitty's custom risers and they are of the same quality!

I would highly recommend looking at any and all of Smitty's products if in the market... Very good stuff!!

Thanks DUDE!!!

Kelsey

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Hey Kelsey!

X2 on what you said but when did he move to OR?! He's still in Puyallup last I heard! Here's the deal with his offset axles - they have the EXACT offset for BRP sleds and NOT a compromise-do-all-for-all-brands axle like the MMP (been there, done that). And Smitty is a great guy to boot so BUY from him!

Have FUN!

G MAN

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Smitty is a great guy. I met him at the Puyullap show last year and wanted to buy a 10" riser from him. He didnt have one with him so he dropped it off at my motel after the show !!! Obviously we had some drinks and bull****ted. He is a great guy and his products rock. Definately worth checking into.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Smitty is a great guy. I met him at the Puyullap show last year and wanted to buy a 10" riser from him. He didnt have one with him so he dropped it off at my motel after the show !!! Obviously we had some drinks and bull****ted. He is a great guy and his products rock. Definately worth checking into.

And did I catch hell for those barley pops I had!!!!
Glad things all worked out RKT, kind of a rush job, but ya got what ya needed, and YES, I am still in Wa.
Smitty

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Hey smitty. Would you make a billet throttle block for the XP? I keep breaking mine when I land drops. The skidoo one is junk. Ive looked around for aftermarket ones, but cant find any that will use the skidoo flipper. I dont want to lose my thumb warmer.

Heard of quite a few guys breaking their throttles. So might be a great product to be able to offer.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
LOL...we could have drank a lot more. Do you have a website? Pm me your tel number too please. Just thought I would post some pics of your bar risers.

HPIM3284.jpg HPIM3285.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Oh I know we could have, thats why I hauled outta there. I could see the writing on the wall that night!
Web site still a work in progress.... www.smittysspeedworks.com
Deaner, might have to look into that this summer. Never heard of the throttle block breakin, but these days you just never know
Smitty

Feb 28, 2009
Let me know if you do the Throttle bolck I want one. busted my bars this weekend your bar risers held strong your product rocks keep up the good work.

IMG_20110214_173926.jpg

Premium Features